Breakfast

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?XQJLD 8 February 2015 Breakfast
Breaking with tradition. Breakfast consists of gruel, soy and peas served with skim milk and molasses for bit of iron and sweetener. A portion of dulse, seaweed, is ingested while waiting. This will satisfy until a second meal later in the day.
URL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Perhaps he's not allowed to play with anything sharp enough to cut bacon?
:LOL:

Also, I wouldn't eat soy even if they paid me to. Not only 90%of the soy is genetically modified (yuck!), but even assuming you grow your own organic soy, thousands of studies link it to malnutrition, digestive distress, immune system breakdown, thyroid dysfunction, cognitive decline, reproductive disorders and infertility -- even cancer (I've heard breast cancer) and heart disease.

You probably don't believe it, Durgan, because you don't even believe in the benefits of garlic, and believe that people photoshop potatoes, but there are many links on the internet that you can read. Here's one of them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/soy-health_b_1822466.html

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Not his fault Gummers are more entertaining, right? Gum that gruel down!

It looked slightly appealing... until it ruined my appetite for my own breakfast! :ROFLMAO:
I admit the competition is significant
URL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
My husband likes an English muffin or two with margarine and our own honey for breakfast. Frankly, the idea of eating anything before noon makes me turn green!
We do have a late breakfast on Sundays, with sausage or bacon, our own hens' eggs, and toast and English muffins. I don't especially enjoy it, but our Sunday breakfast is traditional.
Durgan, I hope you enjoy your breakfast, but I don't think I could choke it down.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
My husband likes an English muffin or two with margarine and our own honey for breakfast. Frankly, the idea of eating anything before noon makes me turn green!
We do have a late breakfast on Sundays, with sausage or bacon, our own hens' eggs, and toast and English muffins. I don't especially enjoy it, but our Sunday breakfast is traditional.
Durgan, I hope you enjoy your breakfast, but I don't think I could choke it down.

I am use to it now and thrive on it. After all in my view the food we eat given access is based on mostly tradition. Since obesity is a national issue why not do something about it. Hence my small contribution to break with tradition.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I stopped eating baby food about the time I was potty trained
I think our digestive system wasn't made to deal with just liquids. After all, the stomach and other organs are supposed to work, too. It can't be healthy.

Frankly, the idea of eating anything before noon makes me turn green!
Me too. I know I should have breakfast, but I can't eat right after getting up. I've tried, but my body doesn't want any food until noon.

I admit the competition is significant
URL
That's not the only alternative to your liquid diet. But you already know that.

Ask a Question