Black tulips

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve never seen black tulips before! They are beautiful. They look more plum then black. I am curious to see if my local nursery sells them in the spring time. They would make a great addition to my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I absolutely love black tulips and have seen them around in my region before. I had a boyfriend a long time ago who bought me a bouquet of black tulips because black was my favorite color at the time. I was so stunned when I saw them, but very happy that he found them for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Those are so beautiful!! I love tulips and I have never heard or seen black tulips before. Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful pictures of them. I also enjoyed seeing the pictures of the black rose and black lily. I thought I would share a picture of a black orchid I found online. I also thought it was very unique.

Attachments

• Black Orchid.jpg
    Black Orchid.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 285
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Black tulips are absolutely gorgeous! My mother used to have a flower bed that was nothing but black tulips and bright yellow tulips. It was so pretty! My kids always called it the bumblebee patch. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
My grandfather had one black tulip in his tulip garden. I don't think this was intentional as all others were yellow, red, and white. The black one was beautiful and lasted many years though.

Ask a Question