Best Food Combinations

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

@Colin I am sorry to hear about Bron and I do hope she's better tonight and it's funny your bringing these drinks up because my hubby is addicted to cappuccino's but i'm a tea lover but I sometimes have one in the day...these are the different flavours he's got in...it's sick :whistle:

Irish / Toffee / Caramel / vanillia / Chocc & caramel / coconut...I can go on colin as he as them stored in 2 cupboards :censored:

Thanks Gail; Bron says to thank you for your good wishes; strangely Bron said she feels better better this morning than she's felt for a long time which pleases Bron and cheers me no end.

You missed out workshop flavour? :D I'm intolerant of dairy products so have to be careful but now I' Soya powered I feel on top of the world.

I hope you too are having a better day today Gail. :love:

I feel mean in not replying to lots of posts but there aren't enough hours in a day; I already spend too much time at the keyboard so apologies to anyone who might think I'm not interested in what they have to say. I'm trying my best to keep up to speed on forums and emails but some days I run out of time.

Kind regards, Colin.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Gail; Bron says to thank you for your good wishes; strangely Bron said she feels better better this morning than she's felt for a long time which pleases Bron and cheers me no end.

You missed out workshop flavour? :D I'm intolerant of dairy products so have to be careful but now I' Soya powered I feel on top of the world.

I hope you too are having a better day today Gail.
Hello Colin, tell Bron I am pleased things have settled down and to wrap up well :)

The work shop flavour as turned to either Toffe or Choc caramel plus lemsips….the irish one is like having a drop :oops:

Hubby used to have the soya milk then stopped but I find it sickly, I have 4 sweetners in my tea :rolleyes: and I have skimmed milk.

Same as yesterday Colin but it don't help with brains my other half having me by the window at night :censored: :LOL: i'm by the rad Colin and in view of the box in case there's something I see.

Both of you have a lovely night and wish Bron all the best :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Because I..well, I suck at cooking basically, I was looking for some help and found this website that interconnects a huge list of possible combinations of ingredients one might consider for dinner. I bookmarked it, and tonight I was deleting bookmarks and found it again so I thought I would share.

Food Combinator Site
Was searching for something else, ran across this thread. Interesting. Hum, well I am the opposite @DirtMechanic , i cook dam good. So, trying to understand your question, and I looked through some of the answers. Are you asking what you can throw in one pot for dinner? or what looks good separately on a plate for dinner? On the later one I go by color also when deciding dinner choices, as I would not do all orange things etc. So there is the protein portion, veggie portion and starch portion. I am going to check out that site you found, just because..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Was searching for something else, ran across this thread. Interesting. Hum, well I am the opposite @DirtMechanic , i cook dam good. So, trying to understand your question, and I looked through some of the answers. Are you asking what you can throw in one pot for dinner? or what looks good separately on a plate for dinner? On the later one I go by color also when deciding dinner choices, as I would not do all orange things etc. So there is the protein portion, veggie portion and starch portion. I am going to check out that site you found, just because..
@Esther Knapicius have you ever fried black eyed peas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius have you ever fried black eyed peas?
Nope, but would be a interesting process to explore. Lets see, overnight soaking. some simmering next day in pot until soft. then drain and fry in bacon and onions, that's probably how I would do it. Salt and Pepper also of course. Humm, on second thought, some smoked ham hock chunks along with the frying would be good. then watch the salt. Total off the cuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Nope, but would be a interesting process to explore. Lets see, overnight soaking. some simmering next day in pot until soft. then drain and fry in bacon and onions, that's probably how I would do it. Salt and Pepper also of course. Humm, on second thought, some smoked ham hock chunks along with the frying would be good. then watch the salt. Total off the cuff.
My neighbor was a Navy pilot, and when he was in Cuba he used to buy these bollos from a street vendor, they came in a little paper sack. He used a cow horn pepper, but this recipe calls for a bird pepper what ever that is. He used a teaspoon sized ball of peas so they were not the size of a hushpuppy. They are addictive. You have to slip the skins, and he said only dried peas worked for him in that regard. He used 2 cloves of garlic, 1 cow horn pepper and 1 tsp salt as I recall, in a food processor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@DirtMechanic , sort of reminded me of boiled peanuts in the shell you get if you travel through the state of Georgia, USA. comes in paper sacks also, so yummy with a cold beer. its a funny combination for sale on those road side stands, peaches and boiled peanuts But not together, they just sell both.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@DirtMechanic , sort of reminded me of boiled peanuts in the shell you get if you travel through the state of Georgia, USA. comes in paper sacks also, so yummy with a cold beer. its a funny combination for sale on those road side stands, peaches and boiled peanuts But not together, they just sell both.
I live about 2.5 hours from Atlanta. Boiled peanuts are a big thing here also. A lot, maybe even majority of the food selling gas stations have them, in a mild and hot variety usually.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I live about 2.5 hours from Atlanta. Boiled peanuts are a big thing here also. A lot, maybe even majority of the food selling gas stations have them, in a mild and hot variety usually.
They are good. I have toyed with the idea of using them to make soup. Simmering them with some chicken broth, onion, little garlic, thyme, and pureeing them, adding a little cream. salt/pepper. I know there is such a thing as Peanut soup. But boiled peanuts have a added flavor to them. Have a can right now on my shelf.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
For those that do not know the secret to getting a soft boiled peanut from the split shell, the other side of the split peanut shell is used like a tiny shovel.

Here is a Alabama pickle company that makes really tasty treats. I love the Wicked Okra

Ask a Question