Best Food Combinations

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
:eek:

I love dark beer, especially really smooth porters. Yum!

That's a useful tool @DirtMechanic, thanks!
My all-time favorite beer by far...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
It's not that popular in Britain, considered more an "old people's drink." Actually decades ago, "an old woman's drink."

But it's the Irish's staple diet!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
What's wrong with a bit of bread and dripping?
Colin I've not had this in donkies mate brought up on it as kids besides brains on bread and butter, sweat breads was nice with a good fry up, chicklens...Christ I am showing my age :ROFLMAO:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Trust me DM to be different. Yesterday evening and until around midnight Bron was very ill indeed with chest pains and being violently sick paying many visits to the bathroom; I was distressed to see Bron looking so ill. My first thoughts were to get an ambulance but keeping my head I asked a few questions as to what she had consumed differently to me because I felt fine?

Bron is on blood pressure tablets and also tablets to slow her heartbeat; I was aware Bron had the occasional mug of cappuccino coffee something I never touch but she was now having up to three mugs of cappuccino a day?

https://www.inc.com/sarah-kimmorley...an-happen-if-you-drink-too-much-caffeine.html

Neither of us fully understood this coffee could prove so dangerous; at around 6 o'clock I switched on the electric blanket and turned the radiator on full in the bedroom; I then filled an hot water bottle to give Bron a bit of comfort until the bedroom warmed up then she went to bed but with many trips to the bathroom. I ensured there was plenty of clean drinking water by the bedside. Next for me was to browse the web with my suspicions and I was alarmed by what I found regarding drinks containing caffeine.

Many years ago my hands started to shake and were getting worse; the job I was in was extremely stressful and I thought perhaps this was the cause me being the normal type of guy only visiting the surgery at gunpoint; one dinner time returning to work I had the car radio on and a doctor was discussing drinking tea; switching over to decaf tea completely cured me.

As I say I was aware Bron was drinking coffee but never noticed how much. Last night was so serious Bron will never drink coffee again because it really frightened her; around midnight she must have finally fallen asleep and this morning was well enough to get up for breakfast much to our relief. I'm pleased I didn't call the ambulance out and quickly found the cause of her problem; the caffeine must have been fighting Bron's medication but as I type she's now back to normal. :)

Although not a best food combination I thought it worth adding for information; it sure scared me.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What's wrong with a bit of bread and dripping? This was our diet as kids. We really knew how to live. :)

Kind regards, Colin.
Oh yes Colin - I couldn' t agree more ;) When we were kids, mum used to give us ''dip'' - bread dipped in bacon fat with a bit of salt on (a good Yorkshire delicacy) mmmm

Reading further Colin, thanks for the tip.... I`m on similar medication, maybe I should swap the coffee for a drop of Vodka :joyful:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I used to drink coffee all the time but started getting bad reactions so switched to tea.

Off to pour Tetters a Vodka now :giggle:

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin I am sorry to hear about Bron and I do hope she's better tonight and it's funny your bringing these drinks up because my hubby is addicted to cappuccino's but i'm a tea lover but I sometimes have one in the day...these are the different flavours he's got in...it's sick :whistle:

Irish / Toffee / Caramel / vanillia / Chocc & caramel / coconut...I can go on colin as he as them stored in 2 cupboards :censored:

Ask a Question