Best crops to grow for inflammation reduction?

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Has anyone grown vegetables for digestive issues? What are the best ones you've found that reduce inflammation and promote strong gut health? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Dark leafy greens are meant to be good for inflammation, as is turmeric - you can use both the root and leaves in cooking. Never grown any of these myself I'm afraid but I've been considering growing turmeric as it is difficult to find leaves in the shops.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Well, not exactly a vegetable, but rather a fruit. Papaya is great for digestive issues and i think they must grow in San Diego.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Digestive issue, then I go for ginger and mint! For RA, I also use turmeric in my cooking, and taking turmeric supplement.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I wish that I could walk outside and pluck ginger whenever I needed, because it is seriously pretty quickly becoming my cure-all when it comes to the natural remedies. It started with stomach issues, but even pain and fatigue is helped by a little ginger tea. I appreciate hearing of all the others, though, so thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I go mostly with papaya for digestive issues and health. I haven't figured out how to plant turmeric or ginger so I just buy both stuff from the local market. Some supermarkets also sell organic kind. They're both good for a lot of uses. We boil ginger to help loosen phlegm and improve circulation. Ginger and turmeric are also known as natural antibiotics so we try to incorporate them into our daily diet to fight against everyday health hazard.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's the list of food items that you should grow in your garden that can help you with inflammation.
Tomatoes, Olive oil & green leafy vegetables make for some of the best options to opt for.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Has anyone grown vegetables for digestive issues? What are the best ones you've found that reduce inflammation and promote strong gut health? Thanks!

Re read this. your title and your first question are two questions. The title made me think of --that you are asking about RA stuff. But your question is about your gut. So if it is your gut, my first thing would be, not veggies but PH balance of your gut. Eat some yogurt. keep it as plain as you can, so your guts PH balances . out. You did not state the diagnosis of your gut condition. And how you know it is inflamed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Re read this. your title and your first question are two questions. The title made me think of --that you are asking about RA stuff. But your question is about your gut. So if it is your gut, my first thing would be, not veggies but PH balance of your gut. Eat some yogurt. keep it as plain as you can, so your guts PH balances . out. You did not state the diagnosis of your gut condition. And how you know it is inflamed.
Mint yogurt is delicious, if you're not so keen on the taste of plain.

Ask a Question