Best $140 i ever spent

Reaction score
looks great, your right too bad they didn't keep it, but it now makes a great conversation piece in your garden, were you able to get a picture of the jail before it was torn down so you can show people where they came from? resurrecting an old thread, haven't had a chance to be on here for awhile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a great idea to put these stones like this, it looks very natural and tidy. I'd love to see some moss on them, it would be even better, but now it looks wonderful too. I just love things that have history.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I see that here lots of really old houses just left empty to rot and you wonder why no family members come to save a piece of history .Some of these houses are well over a hundred years old .I have found at least 8 of these old homes with in 5 miles of my house

Attachments

• log house 007.JPG
    log house 007.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 434
  • log house 006.JPG
    log house 006.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 430
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I got some more jail rocks this weekend
I needed to make a easier walk way to my upper sitting area
I know now, i wont be happy until i pour a bigger sitting spot

I got some stones to finish the last 16ft area under my fence also,
you can see the sun shine through were the timbers have sunk and rotted

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice neat job with the steps, it's all looking good DrCase! So are you putting those other rocks on the ground at the base of the fence?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks Becky
Yeah im going to put the rocks under the railroad tie to keep them dryer .I already made the turn. Its hard to tell from the pile but the rocks have the same dimensions as the ties

What i will enjoy around the step will be more raised bed room for plants and less grass

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those photos look really nice, and what a great way to upcycle some old building materials. We just tore down a building that was over 100 years old at my work and I wish I would have had had room in my back yard so that I could have taken some of the bricks.

Reaction score
Wow. Your jail rocks look great. That was a good find and you're preserving a piece of your local history that got destroyed. Thank you for sharing your pics.

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I just LOVE these photos! Such a nice looking hardscape with nice variety in sizes and layout. I would love to work more with rocks but they are, well, heavy, lol! Also, they can be expensive.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Where the heck is the fork lift!:confused: Those are beautiful and huge! Lucky you, they look terrific in your garden. I am jealous, :D but would never have been able to get the delivered or placed:notworthy:. You did an awesome job(y)

Reaction score
The way you have put the old stones to use is wonderful. Thank you for posting all of the pictures. That area of your yard is beautiful. I can imagine sitting out there with a glass of iced mint tea. A relaxing area for sure.

Ask a Question