Banksia Rose

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
No Mockingbird, I don't add anything to the soil. Maybe I will so the display will be more abundant next year. We are in for a hot summer so I'll take your advice and remember to put mulch around it to retain water. I have them planted on each side. I've also planted an American Honeysuckle on one side of the arch and it's going nuts already. The idea is that it will flower when the Banksia stops. I've taken some cuttings and intend putting it to grow up the front of my deck so I will smell it from my favorite posie in the world.....my deck/verandah which is at present being roofed. I'm going to post pics when it's done. Very exciting, I spend so much time out there and now I'll be able to spend even more.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I'll plant it to grow up the wooden vertical sheets and hopefully twist it around the wire above. Should be an aromatic heaven hey?:LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone contemplating a Bank's Rose, there are two clones of it around, one of them flowers, the other hardly at all. Also one of the clones is very very prone to mildew. We had the wrong one and in the end I dug it out as it never flowered and was just a nasty thug of a plant.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
For anyone contemplating a Bank's Rose, there are two clones of it around, one of them flowers, the other hardly at all. Also one of the clones is very very prone to mildew. We had the wrong one and in the end I dug it out as it never flowered and was just a nasty thug of a plant.
What a shame Owdboggy. :(I wonder how you can tell the difference in the first place because I really love mine.:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
No idea, but no loss to me, I detest Roses. Gradually got rid of them all from our garden, except one my S.I.L gave us and hopefully it will die of its own accord.
Sorry, but I really do loathe roses.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
LouisFerdinand, here in the states the Banksia is often called Lady Bank's Rose. It blooms once a season and comes in white or yellow. The white has some fragrance, but the yellow doesn't. This is based on my experience with both, and each took over about 30' of fence!

Ask a Question