Badger Damage.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
20 years we have lived with three sets of Badgers near by. Seen them occasionally in the garden. only had a little damage until now. They have trashed one end of the garden and eaten hundreds of Tulip bulbs and destroyed all sorts of herbaceous plants by digging. Try as we might we cannot find where they are getting into the garden.
May 2016 Garden 062.jpg
May 2016 Garden 063.jpg
May 2016 Garden 060.jpg
May 2016 Garden 062.jpg
May 2016 Garden 063.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've hear that you might get rid of badgers by takign advantage of their acute sense of smell. They supposedly hate the smell of chlorine and mothballs. On the other hand, I guess you won't like them too, but maybe the badgers will move eslewhere and won't return after you stop applying this.

(make sure that's it allowed in your country, I guess badgers are stricter protected in the UK than in my land).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Supposedly they dislike the smell of human urine, but for that or anything else to work we have to find where they are getting in. No holes under the wire netting so they must be climbing in. Tomorrow we will go and buy some higher wire fencing and fit that as far as we can. Trouble is that our shrubs in the garden are very close to the fence. And the fence does not belong to us, it is the farmer's so we have to be a bit careful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the higher fence does the job.

Ask a Question