Art with rocks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zigs! :p Who else :p ?

Yeah, I think the possibilities when it comes to colors and shapes is endless as well, what a nice way to express one's creative side :) I'd even buy the materials, but gathering them must also be fun!
Completely agree :]
If I was any sort of creative I'd end up with DIY stuff all over my house, I'd get so obsessed, haha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I love things like this, where people repurpose or give new life to ordinary things. I think they just look so creative and would make a nice talking point for guests if they were visiting my house! If I could find some smooth enough rocks I would definitely try this!

Reaction score
Check this out, guys! Aren't those so beautiful! It's amazing what some people can do with lots of creativity, talent, free time and the right materials :O

c4087d7579178d4b848a4b6f82a4323c.jpg
Do you know where I can buy those rocks? I like them a lot and I think I can find some spare time to spend on decorating my wonderful garden. Ps have a happy New Year!

Reaction score
Do you know where I can buy those rocks? I like them a lot and I think I can find some spare time to spend on decorating my wonderful garden. Ps have a happy New Year!

Well, I think it depends on what country you are in :( But in general I think you can find them in any store that specializes in crafts, a really big one! You could also try online, but the best place to find those free of charge is a river or a beach. I used to find the most interesting looking rocks near a river.

Reaction score
I love things like this, where people repurpose or give new life to ordinary things. I think they just look so creative and would make a nice talking point for guests if they were visiting my house! If I could find some smooth enough rocks I would definitely try this!

Yeah, exactly ;) Just like my nail art often does for me, you'd not believe how many people have ended up asking me about my nail art, I can imagine something as original as art with rocks would have an even bigger impact ;)

Reaction score
Well, I think it depends on what country you are in :( But in general I think you can find them in any store that specializes in crafts, a really big one! You could also try online, but the best place to find those free of charge is a river or a beach. I used to find the most interesting looking rocks near a river.
Thank you, this really helps! I don't think there's a store like that in my city, but luckily you give me another idea. I'm going to go to the riverside right away. There are plenty of beautiful rocks there in all shapes and sizes.

Reaction score
Thank you, this really helps! I don't think there's a store like that in my city, but luckily you give me another idea. I'm going to go to the riverside right away. There are plenty of beautiful rocks there in all shapes and sizes.

In my opinion it's better to collect your own materials :) It makes the whole experience more personal and interesting =D And of course way more cheap, plus there is nothing like being able to pick your own materials :) I hope I can do the same in the place where I am going to live soon :) We will see!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, exactly ;) Just like my nail art often does for me, you'd not believe how many people have ended up asking me about my nail art, I can imagine something as original as art with rocks would have an even bigger impact ;)
I think a lot of creative activities have that affect. It brings out the happy and natural side of people. Almost like a dose of fresh air :]

Reaction score
I think a lot of creative activities have that affect. It brings out the happy and natural side of people. Almost like a dose of fresh air :]
I completely understand you! Whenever I see something beautiful, artistic, wonderful, creating, it makes me want to do the exact same thing. Almost as it is contagious! Does that happen to anybody else?

Reaction score

I love the way you put it! I could not have been able to say it better :) I do feel that way when I get to try something artistic, and that is why I am giving the coloring therapy a go :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the way you put it! I could not have been able to say it better :) I do feel that way when I get to try something artistic, and that is why I am giving the coloring therapy a go :)
Hahaha well people never really know who they are until they have done something to express themselves. And even if they have, sometimes it's a good thing to do something every now and then, just kind of to remind yourself. What's coloring therapy? I've never really heard of it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I completely understand you! Whenever I see something beautiful, artistic, wonderful, creating, it makes me want to do the exact same thing. Almost as it is contagious! Does that happen to anybody else?
I totally agree. It's inspiration at it's finest, I guess. I feel like it makes me proud, too. To look at something so nice and wonderful and be able to say that I created it is one of the best feelings!

Reaction score
Hahaha well people never really know who they are until they have done something to express themselves. And even if they have, sometimes it's a good thing to do something every now and then, just kind of to remind yourself. What's coloring therapy? I've never really heard of it.

Coloring therapy is practically coloring adult coloring books :p According to several studies the coloring therapy is even more relaxing than walking or reading! They think that by coloring that kind of books the adults can reconnect with their inner child :) I've tried and it works really well when I am really stressed or upset.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Coloring therapy is practically coloring adult coloring books :p According to several studies the coloring therapy is even more relaxing than walking or reading! They think that by coloring that kind of books the adults can reconnect with their inner child :) I've tried and it works really well when I am really stressed or upset.
Hahahah what's better than adult coloring books? I do like my daily walks, though... But I guess I color too much with my niece and have just never thought about it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is some beautiful artwork here in this thread. I wish I were more of a creative person lol. I can't do artwork to save my life. I would probably have a ton of rocks that were tie-dyed or something from messing up while painting them. Surprisingly, though, I am pretty artistic when it comes to anything on a computer. I can make some really amazing things with my photo programs. I guess everyone has their talents. Mine just isn't in rocks.

Ask a Question