Art with rocks!

Reaction score
Check this out, guys! Aren't those so beautiful! It's amazing what some people can do with lots of creativity, talent, free time and the right materials :O

c4087d7579178d4b848a4b6f82a4323c.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
These look really great. They look like painted river rocks or from the sea maybe. I bet that overall work took some time but the details in there make them look amazing. They actually look like artwork I could buy and enjoy for many years to come. I love the one with the village house going up the slope and the snowfall. That's what it looks like, at least.

Reaction score
Country
United States
These are awesome! It is kind of the art thing to do, making something creative out of nothing. And I'm so glad! This kind of thing could decorate a backyard, or the garden itself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I'm going to show this thread to my niece who is my last recourse when it comes to art. I have no artistic hand and my creative juices are very limited when it comes to decorating. But my niece is a genius so I'm sure she can relate to this thread and think of a way to apply the design for our backyard garden (that's my place for creative tinkerings).

Reaction score
That is nice, if you do let me know what she says ;) I would personally love trying something like this, but where I live I haven't seen that many rocks with interesting or workable shapes :( I'm guessing the person who did this lives in a place with access to a lot pretty interesting rocks or they have a special machine to cut their rocks :p

Reaction score
These look really great. They look like painted river rocks or from the sea maybe. I bet that overall work took some time but the details in there make them look amazing. They actually look like artwork I could buy and enjoy for many years to come. I love the one with the village house going up the slope and the snowfall. That's what it looks like, at least.

I'm really guessing those are most likely river ones... I used to live near a river and you could find a lot rocks that looked like those, but sadly I no longer have access to said river :( I liked those most as well :D

Really effective, love seeing results of peoples creativity and inspiration.:)

It's great.

These are awesome! It is kind of the art thing to do, making something creative out of nothing. And I'm so glad! This kind of thing could decorate a backyard, or the garden itself.

Maybe even a living room ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I keep coming back to look at these as the details are very striking. i admire the time and effort put into all of these. Looks like the rocks were carefully selected because the sizes are so similar as they rest against each other. The little french windows look so perfectly placed that I can feel the aching wrists that took the time to make them so neat. The work is quite admirable.

Reaction score
You seem to really like it :) Have you ever thought of giving this a try? I've honestly thought of doing it, it sounds like the most wonderful hobby ever! What a way to de-stress and relax! Similar to coloring for adults, you know? My mom's therapist actually recommended her that (coloring).

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely, now i'd be tempted to paint a load of pebbles and leave them on the beach :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I like the ones made into flower. I have always had a thing about rocks in the garden, I really like the rocks, I like to keep things looking natural and sometimes you just need the right rock to make it all very striking. @zigs I don't know about painting a load of rocks but maybe leaving a painted random lady bug or something would be funny.

There is a thing I noticed people have started to do in this region, they have been stacking rocks- I wonder where else I heard of that :rolleyes:

gravity-glue-art-rock-balancing-3.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Now who would do such a thing? :whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those are just pretty and whimsical looking pieces! I love the flower ones.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really guessing those are most likely river ones... I used to live near a river and you could find a lot rocks that looked like those, but sadly I no longer have access to said river :( I liked those most as well :D

It's great.

Maybe even a living room ;)
You've got a point. They're so versatile, you could probably find a place for them all over the house. The possibilities are endless :]

Reaction score
Now who would do such a thing? :whistle:

Zigs! :p Who else :p ?

You've got a point. They're so versatile, you could probably find a place for them all over the house. The possibilities are endless :]

Yeah, I think the possibilities when it comes to colors and shapes is endless as well, what a nice way to express one's creative side :) I'd even buy the materials, but gathering them must also be fun!

Ask a Question