My Attempt at the Art of Camouflage

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Wonderfully practical and effective air conditioner unit but "Oh so ugly". I was incorrectly told it had to go there by the technician. I've had a quote to relocate it but expensive and "not necessary " according to my other half. I'm working on that but in the mean time I've come up with this. The ready made cover was too short so it was extended by the guys at the Mens Shed. I've stained it, used rust effect paint on the 2 pots on top, purchased the rectangular container and "Hello", I hope it has made the walk to the front door an appealing one.
rps20180912_062011.jpg
rps20180912_061900.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That looks really neat @DeborahJane , well done (y)

IMG_20180714_202848_hdr.jpg
We have these awful white gas and e!electric wall boxes...hideous things....whats worse is that we had gas laid on all the way up the lane to our house and haven't used it....cost a lot too!!
Would love to disguise them.Thankfully they are round the side by kitchen door, but still an eyesore.:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
That looks really neat @DeborahJane , well done (y)

View attachment 44311 We have these awful white gas and e!electric wall boxes...hideous things....whats worse is that we had gas laid on all the way up the lane to our house and haven't used it....cost a lot too!!
Would love to disguise them.Thankfully they are round the side by kitchen door, but still an eyesore.:ROFLMAO:
I dont rhink it matters at the back door Upsy Daisy , I just found the eyesore at the front door really jarring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
A good disguise DeborahJane. (y)

@Upsy Daisy look back at DeborahJane's pictures. In the first she has three tier shelving in the second what looks to be a large terracotta pot. How about mounting something like this on castors for in front of those doors. Easily pushed to one side when the meter's read. :)

Ask a Question