Apple disease.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can anyone ID this disease? Looks like two separate ones to me.

20220824_114240.jpg

20220824_114326.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think the disease is called Frogeye (called this on the leaves) or Black Rot (called this on the apple fruit). It is the same fungus. Not sure what I did wrong as Captan is the only thing I can see that prevents the disease and I was spraying that every 2 weeks. There are no apples on the tree as it is too young.

It still has leaves but some have yellowed and fallen off so I don't know how it will affect the tree and future apples. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep seeing threads about trees suffering and losing leaves early. I don't know what it has been like in East TN this year, but I am almost certain the weird weather has caused or contributed in the majority of cases. It must make the trees more susceptible to my mind. I would practice as good housekeeping as you can, clear up every speck of stuff off the ground, and maybe spray around as well as the tree, then keep your fingers crossed for a more normal season next year. Best of luck.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If I'm remembering correctly It was dry for a long time then we had a wet couple weeks. After that I noticed the fungus.

Ask a Question