Cooking Apple Tree - Diseased - Need some help to bring it back to life

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I just joined the forum as I have a cooking apple tree in my garden that is diseased or has some species taking over it. I need some advice as to what can be done about it and what I could use to get rid of them, so that the tree becomes healthy again.

My mum seems intent on getting rid of it.

I've attached some pictures of the extent of the disease.

IMG_20220615_181312.jpg
IMG_20220615_181253.jpg
IMG_20220615_181257.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello,

I just joined the forum as I have a cooking apple tree in my garden that is diseased or has some species taking over it. I need some advice as to what can be done about it and what I could use to get rid of them, so that the tree becomes healthy again.

My mum seems intent on getting rid of it.

I've attached some pictures of the extent of the disease.

View attachment 90791View attachment 90792View attachment 90793
This damage could be from sawfly larvae or caterpillars or japanese beetles. The pictures you show do not show a definitive answer as to what is doing this damage. These larvae skeletonize leaves and make webs. Have you seen what looks like caterpillars on the leaves and is anything inside of the webbing? Or have you seen any small beetles?

Ask a Question