Anyone Started Decorating For Christmas?

Reaction score
@gata montes I think that it is the best way to enjoy Christmas... the true meaning of it is best. The over-commercialized event that is celebrated way too wrong here in the states for my tastes. Boy that chocolate looks good!!!

Wholeheartedly agree with you - think Christmas has become, far too commercialized in other parts of the world, so how it is here, suits me just fine :)
Ah yes, the chocolate - not only does it look good but the aroma is out of this world, and the only way I can describe it, is that if there was a 'chocolate heaven' then this would be it. :D For a chocoholic, nothing could compare to being in a large room, filled with an intense smell of chocolate, whilst viewing life sized chocolate figures - this is when the saying 'I'd like to eat you' is very apt :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes, the chocolate - not only does it look good but the aroma is out of this world, and the only way I can describe it, is that if there was a 'chocolate heaven' then this would be it. :D For a chocoholic, nothing could compare to being in a large room, filled with an intense smell of chocolate, whilst viewing life sized chocolate figures - this is when the saying 'I'd like to eat you' is very apt :LOL:

Oh my goodness you're making me hungry now!! Bet it's incredible to see (and smell!) :love:

Reaction score
This is not something that I have to worry about, as Christmas isn't celebrated the same way, where I live and in fact doesn't even fall on the same day as some other Countries :D
Christmas here, is only for the children and is celebrated on the 6th January, which is the Day of The Three Kings, and of course, is the day, when all the good children, who have remembered to put their socks outside on the balcony, receive their gifts, :) this special day is preceded, by a week of long noisy processions, where children are thrown tones of sweets by the Three Kings.
People who actually enjoy Christmas, would I think, be extremely disappointed, if they were to spend Christmas here, as there are no Christmas trees or decorations and no one sends Christmas cards either, in fact they don't know what they are.
I have once or twice seen a Santa burglar draped over someones balcony, but other than that, apart from the nativity scenes and token lights in village squares, you'd be hard pushed to know that it was Christmas.
The only way I know Christmas is coming - is when I start seeing the coach loads of tourists, who come to visit the local Chocolate Factory, who are famous for their chocolate nativity scenes, made entirely of chocolate :D

This is what people come to see - remember these scenes are all made out of chocolate :cool:

View attachment 1294

View attachment 1285

View attachment 1283

View attachment 1284

You really puzzled me with this one! So you are living in a place where they don't celebrate christmas? But you do celebrate the 3 kings festivity? Uhm, they celebrate it over here as well... but my family doesn't get involved in any of that. In mexico the celebration of the 3 kings is important to some, but people still celebrates christmas with great enthusiasm. Are you from the Philipines? That's the only place I can think of right now for some reason :D

Reaction score
Wholeheartedly agree with you - think Christmas has become, far too commercialized in other parts of the world, so how it is here, suits me just fine :)

I think I would like to move to your country. I would not mind being around all that chocolate. I am a chocoholic and that would be heaven to me. I wish they did things like that here. I would shop thete everyday when they have that celebration.

Reaction score
Trellum

I'm not quite understanding why you are so puzzled - here, where I live in the Mediterranean, the main celebration is The Three Kings on the 6th January, which is always celebrated with an enormous amount of enthusiasm and expense, for both, the week prior to it and on the day of The Three Kings, but actual Christmas is so low key, that you wouldn't know it was happening, apart from, as already mentioned, the few nativity scenes in village squares and the church bells ringing at midnight on Christmas Eve - in the hope that someone may attend The Christmas Mass :D Here Christmas really is, only for the children, which is possibly why,they keep with the tradition of The Three Kings.

Reaction score

Oh that would be complete heaven! What do they do with all of that chocolate after the celebration is over? I think I would be volunteering to take it off of their hands free of charge. :LOL:;)

Reaction score
Both celebrations are strange to me to be honest, I don't come from a christian family :giggle: I was simple puzzled to hear about a country that has as a main celebration the 3 kings one. It was kinda strange to me because almost everywhere I go nowadays (and the closer we get to christmas eve) people won't stop talking about it. They do really make a big fuss about it. My fanmily doesn't even celebrate this anyway. I do like the decorations tho :) They're nice to look at (y)

Reaction score
Annetteb - can assure, that you really would, be in chocolate heaven :) however, as you are a chocoholic, it may be a good idea, to refrain from being one of the tourists that come to visit the Chocolate Factory, as I think that they may well have a problem getting you back on the coach at the end of the tour, as I think you may be a little difficult to retrieve once you'd started inhaling the intense chocolate aroma :D

Shellyann - It is pure heaven, and even though its many years since I last visited, I can still remember, very vividly, just how intense the smell of chocolate was - heavenly delicious :love: but think, even though you would willingly take all that chocolate off their hands in a flash, I'm not sure that anyone gets to eat it, as some the scenes from previous years are still around today.
You used to be able to buy miniature or rather family sized models of the nativity scenes, which people used to have in their houses, with the intention of eating them :) but strangely - no one could ever bring themselves to eat them, as they said, " they just looked to beautiful to eat " - wouldn't have had that problem in my house :D

Trellum - thats exactly what I meant by, I think that Christmas, has now become far too commercialized in many Countries around the world, and that is exactly why, I like how Christmas is here - really low key :)

Reaction score
Thank you for answering my question about mince meat pies! I think I will leave them for someone else to eat!

Reaction score
I wish they would start celebrating Christmas when December gets here nit in the beginning of November. I mean thanksgiving isn't even here yet. They could at least let us enjoy that first. I miss the good old days when everything was put out for that month not the month ahead.

Reaction score
Annetteb - can assure, that you really would, be in chocolate heaven :) however, as you are a chocoholic, it may be a good idea, to refrain from being one of the tourists that come to visit the Chocolate Factory, as I think that they may well have a problem getting you back on the coach at the end of the tour, as I think you may be a little difficult to retrieve once you'd started inhaling the intense chocolate aroma :D

Shellyann - It is pure heaven, and even though its many years since I last visited, I can still remember, very vividly, just how intense the smell of chocolate was - heavenly delicious :love: but think, even though you would willingly take all that chocolate off their hands in a flash, I'm not sure that anyone gets to eat it, as some the scenes from previous years are still around today.
You used to be able to buy miniature or rather family sized models of the nativity scenes, which people used to have in their houses, with the intention of eating them :) but strangely - no one could ever bring themselves to eat them, as they said, " they just looked to beautiful to eat " - wouldn't have had that problem in my house :D

Trellum - thats exactly what I meant by, I think that Christmas, has now become far too commercialized in many Countries around the world, and that is exactly why, I like how Christmas is here - really low key :)
I will admit that they sure would have a hard time getting me back on the coach. I would not want to leave all the yummy chocolate behind. I would go one day then try to go another. I would buy lots of the chocolate and probably eat most of it that day.:oops:

Reaction score
I'm trying to sign a lease on an apartment on December 1, so ideally I'll put up my decorations in December, in a different apartment.

Reaction score
@gata montes There are some aspects I kind of like about christmas, I'm actually trying to keep an open mind about it, because my soon-to-be husband comes from a christian family (catholic I think, for me it's all the same), so my kids will surely celebrate both christmas and also the holidays my people celebrates. We'll see what happens ;)

Reaction score
I really try to wait until after Thanksgiving, just so that Thanksgiving gets its just desserts. However, I have started rocking out to Christmas music on my daily commute.

Reaction score
Yeah I have heard a few radio stations playing Christmas music already. I wish thanksgiving was given the due it deserves. I like Christmas, but it's just too early to be celebrating it.

Ask a Question