Any recommendations for "polite" nasturtium--good in beds, non-sprawling foliage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last year, I planted two types: Peach Melba and Vesuvius; they were represented as being "petite, bedding" types rather than trailing, with a max height of 10-12".

Both came up and were quite pretty, except that they were really sprawling and by the summer, just out of control. They definitely could've been trellised up to 3'.

Wondering if there is any variety (preferably a pastel shade, but open to any) that has foliage that is a little better behaved, or if I should just look to other plants that I can grow from seed in my small, part-shade garden (schizanthus, pansies, browallia, edging lobelia, nemophila, sweet alyssum--possibly try impatiens from seed)?

Thanks from a novice to seed starting (this is my first year indoors, so I have more options).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Try Nasturtium ''Baby Orange'' - I`m going to, it won awards last year, so worth a go (y)
Welcome to the forum :)

Ask a Question