Camelia recommendations needed for Coastal North Carolina

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We moved to Wilmington a little over a year ago and I'm blown away by the beautiful Camelias each February. First time i saw them, I came home and told my husband we needed 20. So, now i'm trying to design the front yard, decide where to put berry bushes, etc, and figured i need to figure out which camellias would do good here :)

Any recommendations?

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Honestly, I would check with my local sources. They are usually the best for this sort of question. I would go to local (not big box) nurseries that sell camellias. I would also try the local extension office. A lot of times they will have free publications addressing this. This looks like the page for your local extension office. https://arboretum.nhcgov.com/
I lived in Southern Louisiana and had never seen the camellias before this. I tried to find some pictures, but couldn't locate them. We had some beautiful old camellias that had been there for awhile. We had one in particular that I loved that had red and white blooms in different combinations. It was beautiful.

Ask a Question