Any idea why my bell pepper plant isn't growing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It doesn't look much taller than when it was planted at the beginning of June. It made one white flower which didn't open all the way before it died. I am very much a novice gardener, but I have grown a pepper plant before that got pretty big (enough to need support) and produced 10-12 decent sized peppers. Not sure what I've done wrong here. I have a jalapeno plant on the other side of the bed that looks pretty much the same.

Attachments

• IMG_8454.JPG
    IMG_8454.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 262
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It doesn't look much taller than when it was planted at the beginning of June. It made one white flower which didn't open all the way before it died. I am very much a novice gardener, but I have grown a pepper plant before that got pretty big (enough to need support) and produced 10-12 decent sized peppers. Not sure what I've done wrong here. I have a jalapeno plant on the other side of the bed that looks pretty much the same.
Not being there and feeling the soil I would say the problem is watering too often. I say this because of the blotchy and curled leaves

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I suspected that might be it. We had several nights in a row of thunderstorms and when it doesn't rain I have been watering maybe every 2nd or 3rd day. Do you think if I cut back on watering it will recover?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I suspected that might be it. We had several nights in a row of thunderstorms and when it doesn't rain I have been watering maybe every 2nd or 3rd day. Do you think if I cut back on watering it will recover?
It will start to have healthy new growth but normally once a plant is water logged the affected leaves stay affected.

Ask a Question