Any Hoya growers out there?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My hoyas are all growing like weeds! It surprises me because this is the lowest light time of the year, but they are. One of them -- a 2-year old plant -- even bloomed last week. It's the second bloom for this small plant, and it has a new peduncle as well.

Is this because they are southern hemisphere plants? Because other than African violets blooming, nothing else is doing much right now -- as I would expect.

Does anyone have experience with Hoya australis Lisa? I bought this plant on Etsy from a seller who was pretty lame. It arrived with two stems, but one of them had crushed leaves and died in pretty short order. The plant seems to be doing okay, but I'm worried that it only has one stem. Any ideas on how to get it to bush out a bit? It's a small plant, less than 5" tall. You can see the dead stem there in the bottom of the pot.
Hoya 2.jpg
Hoya 1.jpg

Attachments

• Hoya 1.jpg
    Hoya 1.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 2

Ask a Question