Any Aqauatic Gardeners here?

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any members here who have a pond in their backyard?
If so, what types of pond plants do you have? I have tons of lily pads that seem to grow well, but I'm also wanting something else, just not sure what yet. I just would like to get more color around that area.

My pond is in the sun most of the day too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum! (y)

We've got two different types of lilies in our pond, a variegated grass, and an iris. Apart from one of the lilies they are all new so we've not had any flowers from the iris yet. Can't wait for it to bloom, they are one of my favourite flowers! They come in a range of colours, so might be a good idea for you to try?

Reaction score
Thanks!
Yes I forgot to mention that I have an Iris too, they do get very pretty flowers in the Spring. I just wish they lasted longer, they seem to bloom and be gone in a few days :(

Is there anything you can think of that would give off some color for this time of year (August).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello, Chrisfromwa. I don't have a pond yet, but I dream about it. I really want to grow water lilies, they're such pretty plants. Also, I want to have frogs:)
My mother plans to make a pond in her garden. I'm looking forward to it.

Reaction score
Hello, Chrisfromwa. I don't have a pond yet, but I dream about it. I really want to grow water lilies, they're such pretty plants. Also, I want to have frogs:)
My mother plans to make a pond in her garden. I'm looking forward to it.
Your mother seems to be quite odd Claudine! Afraid of trees randomly falling down, but she's got no problem with accidentally falling into a pond? Or waking up one day to find a giant bird in her garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your mother seems to be quite odd Claudine! Afraid of trees randomly falling down, but she's got no problem with accidentally falling into a pond? Or waking up one day to find a giant bird in her garden?
I'm pretty sure it won't be a big pond;)
You know what my mother did a few days ago? She encouraged our neighbor to get rid of his tree. Soon, there will be no trees on my street. I really feel it's time to move out.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it won't be a big pond;)
You know what my mother did a few days ago? She encouraged our neighbor to get rid of his tree. Soon, there will be no trees on my street. I really feel it's time to move out.
Even a small pond can be dangerous! After all, it's possible to drown in a puddle. Yep, got to agree with you though, time to move out, and surround your new place with millions of trees!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Chrisfromwa, I have several ponds. The largest (8'x14') has lots of aquatic plants, water lilies and rush for texture. I grow some of my blueberries around the big pond. Need to thin some of the plants. They seem to grow way too fast. I love the lilies. I only have a pink, but the pond isn't big enough for more than I variety.

Ask a Question