Two gardeners in one family?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
7816626C-7229-45E7-B7D6-E8E7AFAB1DC6.jpeg
What happens when you have two gardeners in the family and they fail to communicate? This....

Either these are chive pansies or pansy chives. :confused:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
And I thought you were happily married and all in tune! Apparently, you're singing from different hymn sheets! You need more pots :LOL:! I would remove all the green blades and let the dainties sing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Silent, those may be garlic chives. Onion chives have round leaves, garlic ones, flat. You can tell by crushing a leaf and smelling it, or by tasting.
But those are cute pansies!

I know they are garlic chives because I planted the seeds. I just didn’t know that my wife had planted pansy seeds too. :confused:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My son is a reluctant gardener. Now, seeing him back and forth from the lean to with plants to water really warms the cockles of my heart! 4 years ago, he didn't even know what rosemary was. Thanks to the weekly roasted chicken, he has no problem picking the lovely herb!;)

Ask a Question