Anthurium in peril

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently plant sitting for a friend and I fear her anthurium has a pest infestation of some sort. I recently reported the plant before symptoms became dire but noticed a few black dots on the leaves. I have since isolated the plant and attempted to treat it with some Provanto “ultimate bug killer” but the leaves are still yellowing and tiny dots are appearing. Does anyone have any idea what this could be so I can try a more targeted approach?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Soapy 764. Welcome to the forum. I must apologise for the somewhat bland post above. May I try and clarify the situation?

Your post said you had 'reported' the plant. Did you mean, 'repotted'? Then you took a spray bottle of insecicide to some black spots on a leaf, no sign of creepy crawlies, and now the leaf has gone yellowy. A slight mix-up with the sprays. A fungicide would have been more appropriate. Never mind. An infected leaf is best removed without delay. I cannot be cured. So try and not lose any sleep over it.

I then saw Logan' s post in related threads. I took a look at the video clip. Then everything went wrong. I am no computer geek and couldn't sort it, so I left the links as my reply. Hope this clears the matter up. Best wishes.

Ask a Question