Another Tree Cut Down...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Without planning I just planted a Pink Dogwood tree near the Southern Magnolia I recently cut down. I wasn't planning on this, but I was at walmart the other day pricing Axes, which I need to cut up more cedar, which I use as firewood.

The reason I jumped on this tree was for several reasons: 1) my side of the house has now been getting fairly hot, since the sun's rays has zero blockage now. 2) Dogwoods provide very nice flowers in the spring for pollinators and fruit for wildlife in the fall. 3) It won't get any larger than about 30 feet. And finally...these trees were on clearance....I got this tree for 8 bucks. I just couldn't turn that down.

The one thing I don't like is that I don't know the exact species of the tree; the label just says Pink Dogwood. The outer portions of the root system was looking rough, but I broke up the root ball and I think it'll be fine. The tree itself looks very healthy, especially the leaves.

I'll post a picture very soon. BTW, the tree is about six feet (1.8 meters) tall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Here's a few pics of the Pink Dogwood tree; the last couple pics show that the tree is still producing new growth, so hopefully she'll be a healthy tree in the coming years...

004.JPG
005.JPG
007.JPG
012.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG

Ask a Question