An untruth to spread fear and confusion...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the 'agenda' behind this, that is simply believed by so many good and trusting people? This comment is made by a retired climate scientist in the UK called Paul Burgess. The video I want to pop in here is less than 4 minutes long, and in my view well worth listening to.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone is interested, I thought I'd post the following link to a full recent seminar on the subject, which may be helpful for anyone who fears the future supposed problems concerning the ''changing weather''
Something to do maybe on a cold boring winter evening while we all get geared up for the spring weather to arrive....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Like it or not, climate change is here and probably to stay. I look at it this way. I can't change it - my little bit is not going to make a difference on it's own, but I try to do my part as far as is reasonable. I'll be 75 this year, so I won't see the worst of it. On a personal level I try to make things as positive as possible. I like southern and tropical foods anyway, so if necessary I'll gradually change what I grow to suit the climate I'm dealt.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, @cntrlwagdnr - one day you will be as old as me :giggle:
You hit the nail on the head. The weather is changing and it has always changed, and the important bit to remember is that we cannot do anything about it. The control of the weather is held by a power much greater than any of us, and we shouldn't be big headed enough to think we can do anything at all to alter that. I just hope that future generations are able to survive the nonsense ''they'' are trying to push down our and their throats.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The only reason I can think of for this debate is - da-da - some people are making a living out of it. Going to five-star hotels to attend conferences, with the high and mighty, whilst being acknowledged as 'an expert'.
It's a kind of religion. The believers and the unbelievers.
The algorithms explainers (1%) and the head scratchers (99%).
'Global warming' is very debatable and yet it has evolved into 'climate change', which is a motherhood issue i.e. undisputed.
The CO2 levels as explained by Paul Burgess are enlightening but I will have to return when I've got more time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Somewhere on the net is a meme covering all the climate emergencies for the last 50 years or so.

None of which happened and many contradict others.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This was good to see! This was broadcast on GB News, and it was a most welcome broadcast. I just found it on You tube. We don't ever watch the news from the mainstream media on TV any more, it became too full of lies. The BBC is a disgrace.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I notice Popocatepetl and the main island of the Galapagos are erupting, it is purely anecdotal, but I do seem to notice a good few volcanoes lately, there is one in Iceland, and an underwater one somewhere near Indonesia went a while ago and blasted a huge amount of steam into the stratosphere. If it really is more activity than usual it will cool things down for a bit.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I've been and remain a skeptic on these climate change groups with an agenda...however, the last three years here have seen progressively higher and higher temps. Last August was so hot very few things would survive in the garden.

This spring is way early consistent with recent trends.

Yesterday another record high "Houston fell just short of 90 degrees on Tuesday, with a high temperature topping out at 89 degrees at Bush Intercontinental Airport. This smashed the previous record high for March 5, 84 degrees, which was reached in 1907, 1991, and 1998. The normal high for this time of year is 72 degrees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've seen reports of higher sunflare activity and that the sun is burning hotter than normal.

Note though, the sun is basically completely unregulated so changes in it's activity is nothing unusual. To a certain extent, these phenomena may be cyclical.

Since most if the heat on this rock comes from the giant explosion in the sky, it makes sense it will be warmer with more solar activity.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
As a gardener, one can deny, argue, ignore or whatever the indicators of changing climate but one thing for absolutely certain your veggies will NOT.

This year for example:

1) I harvested huge crop of potatoes in January as well as fresh ripe tomatoes...never before that time of year

2) have huge carrots in the ground that all need to be pulled...never before that time of year

3) big crops of beets, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and broccoli all maturing...never before that time of year

4) spring bedding tomatoes and tomatillo plants set out end of February...never before that time of year

5) currently planting out spring garden beans, squash, corn, peas, etc.,etc. ...never before this time of year.

It has snowed here on April 15 during my gardening lifetime and for years I've been perhaps overly cautious about planting out too soon...but I have no hesitation this year. Maybe I'll get burned but if I don't get the warm weather crops started, they will likely burn up in July and August.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is no doubt at all that, as we are coming out of an ice age it is getting warmer. This is the kind of fluctuation that has happened since about 4, 550 million years ago when our planet was born. As long as we don't completely destroy the place we all call home with stupidity and greed, I daresay that this trend will continue. We know through findings by geologists that places where trees and vineyards used to be are now covered by ice and snow. There have always been bush and forest fires, volcanoes, and earthquakes. The land mass has changed shape over this vast period of time, and there is much to learn about all of this and plenty we will never know.

The point of my thread is really the question - why have the ''global elite'' used this information to instil fear and dread into the lives of children and others who have no education about the subject by dictating that it is something we are all doing wrongly, not only us humans, but our pets and God's other creatures - cows, sheep and goats for example? What is their agenda? What will they gain, and what will we all lose? Why has so much worldwide chaos ensued. Anyone with an enquiring mind surely asks themselves these questions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It has snowed here on April 15 during my gardening lifetime and for years I've been perhaps overly cautious about planting out too soon...but I have no hesitation this year. Maybe I'll get burned but if I don't get the warm weather crops started, they will likely burn up in July and August.
Whatever the reason recent years have shown there is potential for unusual conditions, so I guess it is only reasonable to be prepared. In most cases it is only sowing two lots of seed instead of one, no huge expense involved in having a back up in the greenhouse for if it does suddenly freeze for a week, great if it doesn't.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The point of my thread is really the question - why have the ''global elite'' used this information to instil fear and dread into the lives of children and others who have no education about the subject by dictating that it is something we are all doing wrongly, not only us humans, but our pets and God's other creatures - cows, sheep and goats for example? What is their agenda? What will they gain, and what will we all lose? Why has so much worldwide chaos ensued. Anyone with an enquiring mind surely asks themselves these questions?
I don't think it is that simple or that organised, but rather a conglomeration of different interests pulling in different directions. Firstly there was an experiment a few years ago that showed fear worked better as an opinion changer than reward, so politicians stopped offering jam tomorrow and started peddling in fear.
Take electric cars, heavy things using rare metals, with lots of shit coming off tyres and brakes they are actually more damaging than petrol engines. My theory on them is that Japan has always dreaded fires after earthquakes, but the buildings are not wood anymore. Then someone pointed out there is a lot of flammable material in a traffic jam. Being Japanese they built a traffic jam and set it alight. When a car's petrol tank explodes it sets fire to the tyres of the cars around it and their tanks go up, the fire travels along the jam at twenty miles an hour and is hot enough to set light to the road surface and surrounding buildings, causing a fire storm. Never mind nine eleven, a small, dedicated group could take out a city centre. Right, congestion charging to reduce the chance of jams, electric vehicles to reduce the amount of flammable material. Not a co-ordinated plan, just, literally, fire stopping.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Being Japanese they built a traffic jam and set it alight.
Chuckle.
I think the trouble with this 'humans cause global warming thing' is that averages are made up of lots of extremes multiplied and divided to make a medium which is then taken as normal. In fact, the extremes are just as 'normal' as the medium average which hardly ever occurs.
The old saying about 'a butterfly flapping its wings in India can cause a cyclone in Argentina' illustrates just how anarchic the climate is.
I researched and found that the total weight of all humans and their processions on the skin of planet earth is actually one and a half billionth the weight of the planet. The planet earth weighs six billion trillion metric tonnes and rotates at 67,000 mph (107,000km/h) around the sun which is 333,000 times heavier than Earth. Now what could humans do to that?

Ask a Question