America Shut Down

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
I have stopped looking at the news because I am tired of hearing all the biased opinions. There is a tv in the breakroom where I work amd they like to put it on Fox News all the time. I hate watching that channel because it is nothing but negativity. All they do is Obama bashing and blame the Democrats for the mess this country is in.

Reaction score
The American government has come to an agreement, and so we should be opening for business right about now.

One change is that now the Congress is not allowed to add money that the agencies did not ask for or want: things like extra planes for the military. Our debt is skyrocketing: gee I wonder why???

I want a Congress that is more interested in running the country than in getting votes. I do not expect to see one anytime soon.

To make up for the government running badly I try to run my household well. I raise as many vegetables as I do flowers, I shop frugally, and I have some canned food set by. My parents recommended the last bit: they are old enough to remember our Great Depression when the banks closed for a few days and if you did not have money or food in your house then what could you eat? They warned all of us kids that they were concerned that our economy was going to crash again, and that we should have some food set by.

So! The government is open again, and I am blessed to have parents that are still in good health at their ages, Things in the USA should settle down for a bit.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lets hope so.

I'd still keep an eye on the Survivalist forums though. Some good economy tips on those, like buying powdered milk in bulk etc.

Reaction score
I hope it settles down too, but I think it will get worse considering how greedy our government is.I just wish they would stop all the BS and try to fix our economy instead of pretending to.

Reaction score
Yeah they are trying their best to keep our country shut down. I just wonder when it will all start getting better.

Reaction score
When the government shuts down it is not the Democrats or the Republicans fault. It is the fault of all of our elected officials to let things get to such a point. Walmart can keep its operations open 24/7 and 365 days a year...the "most powerful nation on earth" supposedly can't do the same?

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand why they are having problems like this, but they do like to blame each other rather than fix the problem. I wish they would actually focus on our country rather than all the mud slinging they have been doing.

Reaction score
I wish we could live without our government. They are really screwing up our country. I can only hope it gets better before it gets worse.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think they bugged Angela Merkel's phone because they wanted to find out how the Germans can run a country when they can't?

Reaction score
They may have you never know. Maybe they wanted to get some pointers because they need all the help they can get.

Ask a Question