Advice: How to regrow hedge?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello all,

Thanks everyone for the advice - ahead of time. Just moved into a quaint townhome and wondering if there is anything I can do to get his hedge to regrow and possibly connect with each other over the gate?

Regards
Jabnes

Attachments

• hedge.jpg
    hedge.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 67
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @jabnes and welcome to the forums :) That hedge will not regrow, and the very best thing you can do is cut it down to the very base and burn it. It will not grow back. If possible dig out the roots too - or just leave them to rot.
Once you have got rid of it, you will be able to work on some soil improvement and turn the area into a viable garden where plants will thrive - adding some good organic muck will work wonders.
When you have replaced that with some lovely scented climbers and shrubs there will be something nice for your chat over the gate, to talk about :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Or cut it down halfway, feed it well with a high-Nitrogen fertilizer per package instructions and give it some time. You will need to feed it multiple times over the summer to encourage as much new growth as possible. The picture isn't clear enough for me to identify the plant, so I could be wrong. A closer picture, perhaps?

Ask a Question