A sad loss "vera Lynn"

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Im sure just about everyone know's the war time singer VERA LYNN has died,

She gave a lot of service men and women hope with her song we'll meet again,

When i hear that song it brings back a smile ref something i was told and i think if you can smile or laugh at the war time memouries then you should,
Try getting into the feel of what was happening to these folk in this shared time.

It was 1944 and the eastend of London was being bombed every night by Germany, the younger men we're away fighting for the war and the folk left behind did what they could to live, food was on ration and the fear of who's house/street would be hit next was very much in peoples minds,

Albert and Betty
Albert had just arrived home to that little terrace house, it was winter time "but" the gas street lighting was not on due to expected bombing,

Hello Betty luv, whats for dinner ?
Not much was the reply as she put his plate on the table,

He looked at the plate and could see what looked like "gold fish" floating in mud,
Carrot stew again he said,?
Betty mumbled something and thats when a loud bang could be heard as the warden hit their front door and shouted "AIR RAID"
to the shelter and make it quick,

The wardens whistle could be heard as could the's population "All running like hell for shelter,

Quick woman lets get to the shelter, "Come on woman" he pulled her arm as they made their way to the street and the Air raid shelter,

As Albert moved quicker than Betty and he'd let go of her arm,
A few paces further and Albert turned round to see we"re Betty was !!!!!!!!!!!!

She was running in the wrong direction, She was heading back to her house.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Albert ran and got a hold of her arm again and said

What the hell do you think your doing woman?
Betty replied, Ive left me teeth on the back table and i was going back to get them.

Albert replied, What did you think the Germans are dropping "Bloody sandwiches".:D
:D

Ask a Question