Tips for my sad little fittonia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone!
I've got this sad little nerve plant I'm hoping to help grow and liven up. It's not exactly ugly, but I'd like it to be more vibrant and grow more leaves. It's also got some browning leaves that doesn't seem to go away. I moved it into my bathroom from my sun room for it to get less light and more humidity (there is a window in my bathroom for it to get some filtered light). I gave it some fertilizer (15-30-15) 2 weeks ago for the first time since I bought it like 6 months ago and he's still doing just ok. Any tips on how I can help this little guy thrive?

Attachments

• 20200426_110650.jpg
    20200426_110650.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 134
Reaction score
Country
United States
They don't like a lot of fertilizer so hold off on adding anymore. Fittonia nerve plant loves bright light to shade conditions but would do best with bright, indirect light. Overwatering can cause yellowing and discolored leaves, as well as wilting. Never let your Fittonia sit in standing water, always discard excess water. Wilting Fittonia plants can also occur if the soil is too dry, and this is one of the most common reasons for wilted, droopy looking plants. If you are still not sure what the problem is, then very gently tip the plant out of the container and see or feel if the soil is sopping wet or bone dry.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They don't like a lot of fertilizer so hold off on adding anymore. Fittonia nerve plant loves bright light to shade conditions but would do best with bright, indirect light. Overwatering can cause yellowing and discolored leaves, as well as wilting. Never let your Fittonia sit in standing water, always discard excess water. Wilting Fittonia plants can also occur if the soil is too dry, and this is one of the most common reasons for wilted, droopy looking plants. If you are still not sure what the problem is, then very gently tip the plant out of the container and see or feel if the soil is sopping wet or bone dry.
Great tips! thank you!

Ask a Question