Zebra Cactus Tips

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, so I recently bought a small "zebra succulent" And I was wondering if anyone had any care tips? It is in a small ceramic pot, filled with soil and specs of miracle grow dotted throughout. I plan on keeping it indoors at my window. I'll attach a picture of it here.
My questions are:
1. How often should I water it?
2. Is there any trimming involved?
3. Is the soil that came with the plant adequate, or should I replace it?
4. Will it outgrow this pot eventually?
Thank you so much, and please have patience, I'm extremely new to gardening!

Attachments

• 1222181441.jpg
    1222181441.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 234
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a and 6b
Country
United States
Haworthia. Don't water it until it dries out. Do no trimming, it will not look nice. The soil is just fine and you may want it to become pot bound as it may bloom and produce pups that way. It will outgrow the pot in years to come after you have tons of pups all around the edge of the mother.
Very nice plant @Slim Shady .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much, I'll take these instructions into account, and can't wait to take care of my new Haworthia. Kudos!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Zebra Plant (Haworthiopsis attenuata cv.) is a very easy-care succulent. It wants good drainage and the soil should partly dry out before the next irrigation. It does well in bright indirect light, and with more frequent irrigation,will also do well in full sun, but always with excellent drainage. As with all container plants fertilize occasionally with a complete, general purpose fertilizer.

Ask a Question