Tips for Blueberries?

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I was browsing the Internet, which never leads to good decisions, and rediscovered pink lemonade blueberries. I remembered wanting to buy a plant about a year ago, but they were sold out pretty much everywhere, so I held off and kind of forgot about them. Well, this year I stumbled upon them before they were sold out everywhere, so I pounced. And then I was browsing the nursery's website and also discovered peach sorbet blueberry bushes, which also caught my attention. Long story short, I have no impulse control and now have two pink lemonade blueberry bushes and two peach sorbet blueberry bushes on the way and I don't know much about caring for them.

My first question is, have any of you tried growing pink lemonade blueberries in a pot? I'm a little nervous about putting them in the ground with all the deer we have here. And do you have any general tips on helping my new bushes thrive?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I bought one last year. No fruit, no blooms. This year I got 2 small clusters of blooms. Only 1produced berries and they all dropped before they ripened. I have the regular blueberry from the same company. It has produced strong since the 1st year. Both are potted on deck, same soil and conditions. I have yet to see a pink lemonade bush that looked like it might produce. I'm giving mine another year before it gets relocated to the yard. Razzleberry red raspberry has been awesome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My wife bought this from one of the TV shopping channels earlier in the year. I wasn't over impressed. But I stuck it in a pot and then into a spare ceramic pot and put it on the patio.

Surprisingly, it's doing quite well,

P1020996.JPG

P1020997.JPG

P1020998.JPG

I might now have to put a net over it to save it from the many birds that visit the feeders only a few yards away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thanks, gives us early berries before our highbush start producing in mid-July. Getting the red raspberries at same time so good for fresh berries in mornings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We allow our friends to come and pick from the high bush blueberries.We can't possibly use all the fruit they produce. 7 bushes, 25' row and bushes 8-10' tall.

Ask a Question