A problem with Calathea Plant

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Hello everyone...

Can anyone please tell me the problem with this plant? And how to manage it?

IMG_7233.jpeg
img_7232-jpeg.96098
IMG_7235.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7232.jpeg
    IMG_7232.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 37
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Inconsistent watering is usually the problem, and this should be done regularly and properly. Water well about once in two weeks so that the water drains right through the compost, but do not let the plant sit in water, make sure it has all drained through before it goes back on its saucer. Lack of humidity is also a problem in hot weather conditions. Regular misting (a few times a day) will improve this. Too much fertiliser doesn't help either. Plants need regular feed, but only the right amount - usually little!
If you water lots and then forget for a month, or water a drizzle and then leave them standing in a puddle they will not do well.
The brown parts of the leaves can be cut off if you like - preferably at an angle to make them a better shape, without harming the plant.
I hope your Calathea improves. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Inconsistent watering is usually the problem, and this should be done regularly and properly. Water well about once in two weeks so that the water drains right through the compost, but do not let the plant sit in water, make sure it has all drained through before it goes back on its saucer. Lack of humidity is also a problem in hot weather conditions. Regular misting (a few times a day) will improve this. Too much fertiliser doesn't help either. Plants need regular feed, but only the right amount - usually little!
If you water lots and then forget for a month, or water a drizzle and then leave them standing in a puzzle they will not do well.
The brown parts of the leaves can be cut off if you like - preferably at an angle to make them a better shape, without harming the plant.
I hope your Calathea improves. :)
Thank you so much for help☺️
I also hope that it will do better by applying your advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: Oops, did you spot my deliberate typo? ''leave them standing in a puzzle'' that is now changed to ''puddle'' - what am I like :rolleyes:

Ask a Question