5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see your flowers still blooming alp. I may get to use my snow blower this morning, very excited actually. lol

:D:D:D!

Men and their toys! Be very careful though. I'm worried about your ribcage. Don't do any heroic manoeuvres! Scatter sand or salt around. Snow already?? I'm still on short sleeves. We're having a very dismal sunless day here. Winter has reared its ugly head, made uglier by the rising electric tariffs!:inpain::inpain:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget we need pics....or even better video clips @johnny canoe (y):D

Yep, we have a grey day too with intermittent rain. We are stuck here waiting for the new washing machine to arrive....hubs THOUGHT they said this morning...hmmmm , not so sure ;)

Might start my winter knitting projects....one of my nieces liked my knitted Christmas Tree decorations last year and with a very inquisitive toddler she is keen to have a safe collection this year (y)

Tracked our son's flight back home yesterday.........only to be told an hour ago that he had just arrived this morning!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Sun trying desperately to break through now...typical, it will be dark in a few hours:(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You have still got a lot of flowers alp , my garden looking really sad brown / yellow and green with aster monch giving a bit of colour.

Just been to b&Q for some pansy's i wanted some red one but they didn't have any so got 4 trays of purple and blue . I forgot about a GC on the way back home so got some red ones from there, I am over run with pansy now . I would like to go out and plant some but its gone quite dark and it kept lashing it down. They have a nice double white hellebore in B&Q for £10 I wasn't tempted enough.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon @Perki :D

I'm still on washing machine arrival duty, they are suppose to call us 30mins before drop off.
Hubs is outside, we have glorious sunshine now.
Our garden is mostly 50 shades of green now..after I have finished my ' pulling out ' spree.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Just nipped out and took these greenery pics(y)
IMG_20181107_154954.jpg
IMG_20181107_154913.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget we need pics....or even better video clips @johnny canoe (y):D

You mustn't encourage @johnny canoe to have an accident! Don't do anything silly, John!#

Good that he's arrived home safe and sound. Lots of worries when they are sooooo mobile ..dashing everywhere!

Oh, your garden looks so mellow bathed in the glowing evening sun. It's raining now and my eyes are blurred. My heart missed a bit when the properties went up to£300K as that means even more money for stamp duty.

@Perki I wish I could send you a double hellebore. I actually have one flowering now. Postage is so expensive and the cretins in the post office are especially vicious. One gave me a piercing look when I asked for a proof of postage. I complained and the 3 days later, I got a complaint about holes made through the two envelopes through which seeds had disappeared.

1.jpg

I put the cellotape in, but the edge was deliberately made open and there was another brown envelope inside this white one.

They disbanded the other one in which no member of staff would give you dirty looks for asking for a proof of posting. These are like just jumping off the plane and grabbed a post office franchise and talked to one another in their own language. I don't mind that. This woman simply didn't understand why I was hassling her for a proof of postage and told my teen looking son that if he had too many, he had to fill in a form. I have never heard of such a regulation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not forgetting the ones that I sent you never arrived @alp :mad:

No of course I don't wish harm to @johnny canoe ....he did say on the other thread that he would get someone to film him :)(y)

Thanks, it doesn't look toooooo bad in the evening sun .

Given up hope of seeing our washing machine today, have emailed them and they are looking into it!!:eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! Wait a whole day and nothing showed up! Bad news :inpain: What machine have you bought and who is the naughty and unreliable supplier please?

So @johnny canoe has gone into acting! LOL!

Yes, and that as well. I enclosed a £5 to grey parrot and she was frazzled and asked me why I forgot to put something in it. Unfortunately, I enclosed the note in a red envelope and some critter some have held it against the sun and detected something celebratory. Later, she told me that there was a tiny slit along the edge of the envelope and that's how it was fished and an empty envelope arrived at her place! :banghead::banghead::banghead: How others sustain their lifestyle! I had a proof of posting, but post office often advise against sending money in the post. I remember once a man sent me 6 pound coins via the post! Hilarious! It was so heavy and at that time, postmen were more honest!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Indesit, same as the last one ( but latest model) ,we have a Bosch in the garage that was also gone , so I thought, but hubs has fixed it. Not sure of the supplier, but we know than it's on the delivery lorry . Panther are the delivery guys

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
your garden looking well uspy, lots of structure for a bit of interest in winter, I could do with more structural plants but it meaning taking something else out, I have a beach hedge which looks well now, my little mahonia got some flowers on it as well :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Indesit, same as the last one ( but latest model) ,we have a Bosch in the garage that was also gone , so I thought, but hubs has fixed it. Not sure of the supplier, but we know than it's on the delivery lorry . Panther are the delivery guys
I had one Indesit and my son named it Inde****! It has the shortest life span.

Bosch used to be good, but mine is a joke. Had to manually change it to rinse and spin. All the time, the light is flashing between wash and rinse cycles. Me doth moan a lot! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I would introduce some structural plant in my next garden, preferably a compact acer, highly palmated and dissected. Some topiary .. Round, pyramid ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love to have a Acer sango kaku , all season interest with the bright red stems for winter. They one in the GC for £160 I would have it even though its steep price but got no where to put one :cry: YET ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Had our Indesit for over 10years, and the Bosch 8.
My Mum had a Indesit too many years ago , they had it for 12 years and when it was replaced they gave it to us as we had just moved in here ( 36yrs ago) it worked well for another 6 yrs....even boil washing cloth nappies. Never had any problems with the make at all. Likewise with the Bosch in the garage, the recent problem was that a pipe had corroded because of a small amount of standing water left in it, not using it for a while now had caused the corrosion, but hubs has replaced it now:)

Strange how people have different experiences of things isn't it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
your garden looking well uspy, lots of structure for a bit of interest in winter, I could do with more structural plants but it meaning taking something else out, I have a beach hedge which looks well now, my little mahonia got some flowers on it as well :)
Thanks @Perki . It's nice to have something flowering at this time of year, like your Mahonia isn't it. My Winter Jasmine is out too(y)
What Beech hedging have you got.....that can look marvellous during the winter , green, copper or purple?

Reactions: alp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question