3D Garden Planning Software

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a (close to 7b)
Country
Switzerland
There are lots of garden planning software tools. I may have rather unusual requirements and therefore don't know which one to pick. Who can point me to the right planning software for my need? My garden slopes at the lower end with almost 100% gradient (property in Switzerland). The lower part is difficult to walk on and maintain and not enjoyable at all. I therefore want to terrace it, with dry stone walls. For this I need a building permit. The building authority of the municipality expects a professionally software-created construction drawing printed out in A3 (about two times the letter format). The requirements for the software:

Must-have:
- Exact input of distances or exact specification of points (x, y)
- Exact indication of heights
- Possibility to show the height before and after the change
- Differentiation of walls, paths, beds, lawns
- Printout of maps containing points/distances and elevations

Nice-to-have:
- Printout of maps with elevation after vs. before in the same diagram
- Elevation curves
- Logical layers or similar, so that I can make things visible and invisible again, e.g. the original elevation data or all elevation data and x-y data, water pipeline
- 3D visualization from different perspectives
- Representation of vegetation (trees, shrubs, bedding)
- Usability of the plan as documentation of planted or planned plants. (I could imagine plants as dots or small icons at the spot. When clicking on them, the name would be visible, maybe some more info, maybe a photo).
- Traceability of flowering sequences over the year
- Open Source

I don't need 3D visualization of trees, shrubs, and constructions on flat ground. I need documentation of the true 3D curved ground.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Vectorworks Landmark is tailored specifically for landscape architects. It provides tools for creating detailed site plans, planting designs, hardscapes, irrigation systems, and more. It's known for its BIM (Building Information Modeling) capabilities and its ability to integrate different aspects of landscape design into a cohesive model.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Or.. VizTerra is designed with landscaping and outdoor space design in mind. It offers features for creating 3D visualizations of landscapes, incorporating elements like plants, hardscapes, lighting, and more. VizTerra is known for its user-friendly interface and real-time rendering capabilities.

Ask a Question