New square foot garden planning, need help.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey,
I am new to gardening, and am interested in trying square foot gardening in 82sqft..
I am trying to plan out how I would plant my vegetables, and also how many. I don't really know if I have too many of something, not enough of something else.... Am I putting them in the right spot?
Any advice would be great.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Read the book on square foot gardening back in the 80's but decided it was a bit of a faff.

Just have a think about what you like to eat, lob a few in, see what you like then adjust what you need for next year :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your combination looks a good mix. I grow similar vegetables plus onions in my raised beds and greenhouse.

As Zigs says, I would just plant what you eat and adjust the quantities accordingly.

Welcome to the Forums.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum, @Dog812 !

Stagger your sowing time for Salad leaves ( which is come and cut) as they can be harvested very quickly. Also Pak choi is a good tasty and easy to grow green. Land cress is prolific and full of anti oxidants. Kale is also good for your health. Rocket is also a worthwhile addition. Easy to grow and nice to enjoy with bland mozzorella cheese. Spring onion is a must. One rosemary to live like the Mediterraneans - good for roasted chicken, pork and lamb. But go for a standard or a drappy one rather than the usual ones. Hope you can experiment and find out what's best for you. Good luck and remember to share your pride and joy with us.

Ask a Question