Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I like lupins but the large greenfly likes it as well. Also I'm my garden they're only short lived perennial.
I think tree lupins are beautiful and majestic, but might need a bigger garden. Lupins can be very nice, but SS ravages them before they flower. I think mine in the borders have died from the snow. None of them have said hello!:cry:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I think tree lupins are beautiful and majestic, but might need a bigger garden. Lupins can be very nice, but SS ravages them before they flower. I think mine in the borders have died from the snow. None of them have said hello!:cry:
That's a shame:cry:, SS like the tender new growth, the same with delphiniums.:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I've resorted to growing Lupins & Delphiniums in big, big deep pots - in fact they are former blue plastic bins from work, they match the other blue ones and don't look too cheapy cheap. Once the plants get established you can't notice them anyway. I just drilled holes in the bottom, there are no handles either. :)

Everywhere is so busy here with the royal wedding.. I haven't been to the high street for 2-3 weeks, travelled out of town. The long walk is swamped by tv crews and presenters from all over the world, so Barney has been elsewhere on his travels.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I feel so sorry for you, @Mark56 ! When I turned on the TV, I saw Simon McCoy standing in front of Windsor Castle, I quickly switch to another channel. Nightmare. All the nasty relatives have come out of woodwork to diss the bride. I don't care much for this so called vocal woman, but to be dissed like that is not on. At the same time, the newspaper diss Diana .. Agenda, agenda ..

I have dug up some 7 foot tall bamboos and planted somewhere else, but I broke one and it is now 1 foot tall. Planted out Salvia uliginosa, Salvia Jeans Jewel, Salvia hotlip and will sink Salvia Love and Wishes into the ground. Thank heavens that I pour some mulch onto one Amistad. I saw new shoots coming up whilst the other one without mulch has just died on me. Salvia is really lovely as the germinate very readily. Some looked like dying and yet comes spring, they are up on their tidy green again. What is there not to love?

If they work in pots, why not. There is no hard and fast rule. Whatever brings out the beauty goes!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Finally, I have sorted out my car insurance £740 down the proverbial! :cry::cry::banghead::banghead:

Having children is sooo expensive! :cry::cry:

More people killed in Texas! Tears for the loved ones!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Alp, thank you for feeling for the students and parents of those shot at Santa Fe High School in Texas. When 26 people were killed at a church in Southerland Springs Texas, and I posted on another forum about the grief and hurt the survivors and families were feeling, the one response to my post was a lecture on "people kill people, guns don't kill people."
If someone in the UK understands how horrible this is, there is hope.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Alp, thank you for feeling for the students and parents of those shot at Santa Fe High School in Texas. When 26 people were killed at a church in Southerland Springs Texas, and I posted on another forum about the grief and hurt the survivors and families were feeling, the one response to my post was a lecture on "people kill people, guns don't kill people."
If someone in the UK understands how horrible this is, there is hope.

We surely do understand the grief involved. ! It's such a no go area for discussion on gun ownership in the States. I remember seeing this crime reality programme in which a family went to their holiday home only to be killed by intruders coming in with guns. A very sad story. In a vast country like the States, one can't expect the police to come within half an hour. Since gun ownership is such a big business and a lot of money is tied to it, Trump just follows the stupid trend. When money is at stake, people cave in.

Very sad and it's a deep shame that it won't stop there! More tears for the loved ones .. usually caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening...this world is such a bad place...gun laws should IMHO be in place heavy restrictive Gun Laws...killing machines have no place as a household item.....

Well I've ordered another Tractor Stool for the bar...I should have ordered 2 originally as it was free delivery now the crafty seller has slapped a £10 delivery charge onto his ammended listing...so I will have to pay a premium for to have the same seats..my fault really but I'm getting sick and tired of folks taking the proverbial...if the needed postage then say so.

Also a bit of concerning news...I attended the doctors on Monday..pins n needles, numbness in the hands again..they took blood tests...and I made a follow up appointment for this Monday comming...Someone has been trying to contact my mobile since Wednesday with the title private number but you are unable to return the call...and as I was getting a lot of PPI cold calls I dismissed this out of sight...Only to get a letter to day to contact the surgery as soon as....now its not open again until Monday and I'm very concerned as to what is wrong...guess I'll have to stew over it all weekend now..It never rains until it pours........

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear @BigC if you made a appointment for Monday you can see them then. Try not to worry too much.

You could Google it, but only go for the NHS page.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hope it is only carpel ???

Have a look

Next time, just give them the home phone number. If your return call is free, do find it what it is all about.

If you order two, you should always ask for a discount. Contact the dealer to see if they are accommodating. You just never know.

In a big country like the States, it is difficult when you live in a remote place. There are always some crazy people.

SAM_0449.JPG
SAM_0452.JPG
SAM_0453.JPG

The last one is Dyson's Joy! Very dainty
SAM_0454.JPG
SAM_0455.JPG

The 3rd iris which is NOT an Indian Chief! Boy, it's sooooooooo beautiful

SAM_0458.JPG
SAM_0459.JPG
SAM_0460.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Big C, I do hope that the "call the surgery" simply meant they were having trouble contacting you to confirm your appointment. Please let us know the outcome of your Monday visit. We will all be praying, hoping, and thinking of you.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Logan: The first one is Love and Wishes or Wendy's wishes. I need to have a look tomorrow. Pink one is Dyson's Joy.

Honey Lily (Allium Siculum). The iris could be Emma Louise.

Yes, as @marlingardener says, do let us know.

So in Texas, 10 people have been killed. People are just full of hate. In this country, quite a few people could kill just because they were shown respect on social media. Apparently, social media can cause a lot of stabbings and killings here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your thoughts guys its much appreciated..I'm only concerned as they took blood tests and said it would be a week for the results to come through, then they tried to contact me after 2 days that my only reason for over thinking this situation ...but I will surely keep you all informed....one way or another :confused: Anyway I enjoyed GW tonight...did you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question