Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
9157F5B9-F1ED-43AC-8930-663F3854A667.jpeg
2C1A2EC2-375F-4EF0-8DD5-550E76B4052B.jpeg
It’s been a glorious day again 21c sun all day loads of bees and hover fly’s in the garden damselflys sunning themselves

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Alp, I'm not a bearded iris man but your display has made me reconsider. They must relish in your conditions. The you-know-where voucher came today, first class and had to sign for it, I expected a £5 or £10 as compensation.. but £20! that's 5 2L perennials!

Logan, that dark orange verging on red azalea is out of the this world.. seen a few in a GC that I'll add to the buy list for next year. Is it deciduous? Do you know it's name? The one I took a mental note of was Burning something or other

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Logan, that dark orange verging on red azalea is out of the this world.. seen a few in a GC that I'll add to the buy list for next year. Is it deciduous? Do you know it's name?
Thanks, sorry no i don't know it's name and yes it's deciduous.

Glad that you got your voucher and that's a lovely surprise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some people think I'm taking this Garden Pub idea a little too seriously.:LOL: and I don't doubt them :ROFLMAO:
Whats not to like having a nice drink on a sunny summer's evening surrounded by a wonderful array of plants...and I am the Black Sheep of the family so it all ties in nicely.

Black Sheep Clip.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I expected a £5 or £10 as compensation.. but £20! that's 5 2L perennials!

GET IN! Brilliant! You have me to thank for as me! Only joking. Iris and peonies love my condition as it is baking hot. I wouldn't recommend buying irises until they are the remontants or reblooming. I bought some from T&M, so far, I have not seen one flower! All I see is a sea of Indian chiefs

You know it's hot when Californian poppies are blooming
SAM_0412.JPG
SAM_0413.JPG

Heuchera
SAM_0414.JPG

SAM_0415.JPG

I think Cee Jay feels out of place in amongst a sea of Indian Chiefs
SAM_0411.JPG

It was so cold that the osteospermum bush has become a cloud of skeleton.
SAM_0419.JPG

More Indian Chief! I am ALLERGIC to them!
SAM_0420.JPG

A clematis Majorie

Bamboo has gone crazy. One has shot up to 7 feet just this year
SAM_0418.JPG

@Zenj Lovely wildlife. I actually had one damsels fly inside my lean-to! But what is that hairy quaint flower please? Soooooooooooooooooooooo unique and interesting. I'm fascinated. Don't tell me it costs £9 or £55 please!

Attachments

• SAM_0416.JPG
    SAM_0416.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 113
  • SAM_0417.JPG
    SAM_0417.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 134
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I just reintroduced this into the garden a few weeks back...Salvia, I must get me some Salvia.:whistle:...Dobbies GC 20% off next week, guess I'm gonna have to go on a mini raid :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
@Zenj Lovely wildlife. I actually had one damsels fly inside my lean-to! But what is that hairy quaint flower please? Soooooooooooooooooooooo unique and interesting. I'm fascinated. Don't tell me it costs £9 or £55 please!
It’s a pond plant called bog bean the costly price of £1.50 , 2 years ago

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Now that i have a lily pond (sort of! No, Lily in a tub!), I might buy this cutie

Such a cutie!

Big C Get you Salvia Amistad first as it is quite an impressive plant. Then there is the pink one recommended by @Gardening Girl - salvia coccinea, Night moth ..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @BigC we was up at 1.45 this morning, barley woke us up he got the runs. Had to take him out.Then again at 4.30. So we didn't bother going back to bed.
Now I've got a headache

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that @Logan, I hope both you and Barley feel better soon.
Saying that our dog Alfie was out of sorts last night..must go down and check him now..seemed lethargic and not his usual self..struggled to get up on his chair...he's eating ok..but yawning frequently...made him some warm water to maybe flush out and anomaly ..hope he'll be ok...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! Hope Barley and Alfie get better soon. Such a lot of trauma for you and the dogs!

Good morning to both of you and others to come .. It's grey and very cold. But the kitchen temperature still reads 20c. I forgot all my camellia cuttings and they might have all perished. That's the trouble when you have too many plants and when you have to hunt for any new irises coming up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning @alp
Alfie seems better this morning so hopefully he was just having an off day..his tail is always erect (literally) yesterday it was down which was a sure indication that something was wrong..he seems ok this morning...maybe he was having a sulk lol....
Well looking around the greenhouse my Kalettes havent made it after doing so well..the intense heatwave frazzled them a week back so will pick up some more seeds and try again...they looked and germinated brilliantly so worth another go...must look out for Pak Choi seeds too...I need some blackboard paint but I'll never use all that much that they are selling at the DIY store and its £12 so I'll have to source a lesser amount elsewhere..well the sun is out here and I have a fit out in Dublin this morning (2hr drive) so I best get my skates on...Hope you all have a great day tipping through the tulips :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Enjoy your day peeps...I know I will looking at the weather chart for today. :ROFLMAO: cool but sunny..that twill do..

weather.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question