3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning all, Looks like a lots been happening here in the virtual allotment...:LOL:
Seeing as we are talking of the John Logie Baird invention..All my TV's in the house are now Smart TV's and they are all LG. But now I'm taking things a little further and I have tentatively approached the topic of Home Automation and purchased a Google Home Mini and a Chromecast. I can now turn the TV on and off and select channels via Voice Commands I'm planning to use it for mood lighting aswell...I love this google device and fits in well with the Bedroom decor (unlike some of the air freshener looking devices) Its not a one trick pony either you can ask the hub anything even Recipes, link it to your mobile phone..I happen to think its a good tool for the elderly living alone and can call for immediate help using their voice should they become incapacitated in some way..Check it out if your interested.

sml mini.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well I have a few chores to do (Including the dreaded weekly shop) before getting dirt behind my fingernails again.
I want to get the weather vane attached above the greenhouse in some shape or fashion, I need to paint the Bar project and I need to make a wall contraption to hold Glasses and bottles to compliment the Bar area.
The Lettuce seeds I planted a week ago have germinated well so have the small Kalettes.
The fish are up and all feeding now which is a good sign of warmer weather
So lets roll there's work to be done
April Showers.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning all, Looks like a lots been happening here in the virtual allotment...:LOL:
Seeing as we are talking of the John Logie Baird invention..All my TV's in the house are now Smart TV's and they are all LG. But now I'm taking things a little further and I have tentatively approached the topic of Home Automation and purchased a Google Home Mini and a Chromecast. I can now turn the TV on and off and select channels via Voice Commands I'm planning to use it for mood lighting aswell...I love this google device and fits in well with the Bedroom decor (unlike some of the air freshener looking devices) Its not a one trick pony either you can ask the hub anything even Recipes, link it to your mobile phone..I happen to think its a good tool for the elderly living alone and can call for immediate help using their voice should they become incapacitated in some way..Check it out if your interested.

View attachment 35967

Our admin @Ian is now in communication with you! You two are now officially SOLD mates!:LOL::LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
AGAIN! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:..you forgot to mention AGAIN

I'll leave it to your neglected flower! Is that what she says to you ALL THE TIMES! I don't even have to look at a p***** soul!

Been to my beloved nursery and unfortunately, none of those hellebores left over were cheap. Still £7. So I took some pics instead, pretending that I've been to Harrogate

SAM_0476.JPG
SAM_0477.JPG
SAM_0478.JPG
SAM_0479.JPG
SAM_0480.JPG
SAM_0481.JPG

Saw this advert about a lily tray and put in a request. Now I am home with the tray AND LILIES!:eek::eek:

Oh, dear! Now I have to make a pond for the lilies which won't come out of the tray and I had wanted to use the tray to plant my snowdrops! :LOL::oops::oops:
SAM_0492.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I would die for that Stone Lantern @alp

Same here! it's made of granite or genuine igneous rock, not the resin or cheap stuff. Shame they don't do that any more. They used to have bigger one than this. This is a lovely nursery and everybody is there during the weekend. It's buzzing with love!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well Good Evening one and all.
Today was a good day, only one hail shower to speak about..I managed to get the first coat of paint on the bar project so she's not naked anymore :LOL:...I also had a little time to spare so I made a little something to accompany her, see what you think.....Anyone would think I had a slight problem with the drink...perhaps they're right :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

painted1.jpg

company.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

View attachment 35967
Recently a local radio station jockey has taken to saying "Hey Google" What is the weather? This sets off all my google speakers of course.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! Now I have to make a pond for the lilies which won't come out of the tray and I had wanted to use the tray to plant my snowdrops! :LOL::oops::oops:
Jeez dont throw them away @alp get yourself a nice half barrel (if they are a pygmy variety)...the plastic baskets from a good aquarist outlet are only cheap

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well Good Evening one and all.
Today was a good day, only one hail shower to speak about..I managed to get the first coat of paint on the bar project so she's not naked anymore :LOL:...I also had a little time to spare so I made a little something to accompany her, see what you think.....Anyone would think I had a slight problem with drink...perhaps they're right :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

View attachment 36016

View attachment 36017

Can I get some commission by suggesting that you charge your mates please? This is so chic and fun that I don't think they want to go home! You'll in doghouse with the neglected flower and she will have to seek counsel from Father or Priest, like Maureen O'Hara in The Quiet Man!

You must be a beer magnet:LOL::LOL::LOL:! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question