2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Alp, going to be sunny here but cold.
Are you sure that the double is missing, are they all in flower? The seedlings look great.:) Not doing much today.Yes thanks about keith. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought so many from them, but haven't been careful looking after them. Should have left them in my nursery bed and they could have done better than these. Shame.

I stratfified my acer palmatum dissectum and acer suminagashi yesterday and hopefully, they haven't died from old age as they are one year old. Today, I am going to sow my meconopsis seeds. Should have done it yesterday.

I saw a scented skimmia with greenish white flowers, so tempted, but even reduced, it's asking for under £5.. Gutted. Will go out and see what we can see. Wonder if Wilko have stocked up their dahlia and iris stocks!

I am sure you've some lovely hellebores. I've found out that the pink singles are everywhere.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all!

Hellebores, Hellebores.......don't want to even think about them my white ones have completely vanished, well I have a manky slug eaten one left . I also have some very ordinary ' green' ones in bud ......that's I all I have!!:(:(

Cold but bright here ,so will hang out out the laundry then do a bit of ' pottering'..........so love that word :D:ROFLMAO:

Have a Super Sensational ( F.... O. T.. N.. Y...) Sunday,:D:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
What is the coldest hardiness zone that hellebores will tolerate? They look beautiful!

We are still sub zero. Friday was the coldest in 6 decades. Niagara Falls has partially frozen over. It is about an hour's drive from me.
I didn't take this pic but it is a recent night time photo
frozen niagara.jpeg

It is an awesome sight when not frozen but this really impresses!

I'm hoping the temps will climb up to freezing as I have lots to do in the greenhouse. I want to rearrange some of the shelving and check for any damage to the window film. This morning it is only 1f and I will be staying inside to watch/listen to this week's Corrie episodes - a full four hours of it:eek: I really would like to visit England one day and I figure that having watched this show for 40 something years, I won't need a translator when I get there :p

After my show, I will spend my time looking out the window and envying those with milder climates :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@Logan can you steer me to a source fkr these p,ease? I have gone through all of my seed and bulb catalogues for Canadian and U.S. seed companys and cannot find one in either annual or perennial sections.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I did perform a search. Got lots of nurseries. Guessing they are not available as yet and then only by visiting the store. I have gone through the listings in my RHS book and see that they are not ground huggers. Think I didn't look at the pictures properly. Red face here...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I will be staying inside to watch/listen to this week's Corrie episodes - a full four hours of it:eek: I really would like to visit England one day and I figure that having watched this show for 40 something years, I won't need a translator when I get there :p

:D:D:D! Some people really like Corrie. I can't never watch soap but apparently, this one is not so depressing as Eastenders. Ex said to me, "Just watch, this person works in the bar for the first time and before the bar closes, he will have stolen some booze!" It's true!

You must visit when the weather is good. Summer in England can be gorgeous.

@Zenji My catalogues are despatched to the bin as soon as they have arrived. Now I really enjoy going to GC. Son "forced" me to go to Summerhill again. The prices there are quite reasonable. We stood by the pond and saw some wonderful birds feeding.. Mostly great tits and one with a long tail.. I wish I had brought my camera.

Then we went to Altons which was way too expensive. A tiny Nordmann fir or Spruce asked for £19.. My heart bled and my eyes welled up with tears.

@Upsy I'm amazed as you did say you collected some hellebore seeds I collected about 200 and went to buy from Ashwood and bought plants from other places.

Very pleased to have found a Siberica Levendel from Poundshop!

Hope it's as pretty as this
upload_2018-1-7_18-1-20.jpeg

I must go to poundshop more often from now on. Shame that they are no longer £1 per item.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@CanadianLori You can buy seeds. They will definitely grow and it might take a bit longer 2 to 3 years, but they will live if you return them to your green house in winter.

Good morning to all. A quiet morning, but it's coldish Ihave to revise the definition after seeing the FROZEN Niagara Falls!:eek::D)

Ask a Question