2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning: Very hot now as I have just moved the computer desk to where it was before the Christmas tree.

That is the lowest setting of the bike. I only do that exercise and want to build up a routine. Today, i'm going to stratify my Japanese maple seeds and put my meconopsis seeds out again.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
That's ok then.:)
Good luck with your seeds.
Going to Keith's this afternoon, not doing much else.
Some of my wallflowers are in flower,i hope the others don't come out. Got some helebores flowering, take some pics when i can.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Did I hear you talking about hellebores??? Yes, but wait till tomorrow when the sun is out please!

Bright sunshine makes a lot of difference. Mine's covered in dirt a bit. I saw a pure white as sold in shop in my garden. Very pleased.

Have a nice day with Keith, @Logan !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all cold but bright today, after lots of rain and hailstones bouncing off the Windows during the night have a good weekend all keep warm.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all cold but bright today, after lots of rain and hailstones bouncing off the Windows during the night have a good weekend all keep warm.

For the first time, I know how you felt. Hailstones during the light and I was expecting to see holes in the windows the following day. We are cold here as well. I have had a candle burning in the lean to. Don't think it does much. Brightish and quiet here. Might take some pics when there is sufficient light.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's the 1st weekend of the New Year......hope you all have a fab one(y)

That's it now.....I promise........no more 1st's of the New Year :D:ROFLMAO:.......but...whoopee! 50 wks until Christmas!:p

I'm off before I get battered :D

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That is the lowest setting of the bike.

alp, since you can't lower the seat any more - maybe you can customize the pedals...?

My aunt was very short, and driving a car presented problems. She had to sit on a pillow to see over the dashboard, but then her legs didn't reach the pedals. My uncle cut some wooden blocks to work as extensions, and attached them to the gas and brake pedals, effectively giving her the extra two inches she needed for comfort and safety. (y)

Maybe you could try something like that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
We are now up to -5f. The sun is shining on my 6x8 greenhouse and it is all the way up to 7f :cool:, a heat wave :p Spent part of the morning adding more fiberglass insulation between the joists in the cellar.The fellows who installed the new furnace etc somehow misplaced some..o_O

My white nicotiana and basil seeds have sprouted. I was given three coffee mugs from various family members and the cups are far too big or the wrong shape to actually use for a cuppa so I have added soil and in one, spearmint seeds, another lemon mint seeds and in the last catnip seeds. I don't own a cat anymore (had a couple pre-owned ones that died of old age) but I have friends who do and they always like this stuff. :)

My romaine seedlings are perky. The carnation seedlings are weaklings so far but still surviving.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
alp, since you can't lower the seat any more - maybe you can customize the pedals...?

My aunt was very short, and driving a car presented problems. She had to sit on a pillow to see over the dashboard, but then her legs didn't reach the pedals. My uncle cut some wooden blocks to work as extensions, and attached them to the gas and brake pedals, effectively giving her the extra two inches she needed for comfort and safety. (y)

Maybe you could try something like that?

That's me. A pillow and the seat moved right to the steering wheel. But now, the chauffeur bans me from going near the steering wheel! :eek::cry:! I've lost all my confidence in driving. I used to have special high heels (Kickers shoes with plantform heel) for driving.

Thank you for the suggestion, MaryMary. :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know I shouldn't have taken the photos, but just in case the slugs eat them tomorrow.

Here are some of my tatty flowers

This one displays inferior markings, but I still love it as the dashes are still discernible. This is a cross between green and white.

SAM_0329.JPG
SAM_0332.JPG

This one above is a pure white single and I really love the purity of the white. Sadly the mud has tainted it a bit. My tainted love!

The following is the biggest of my hellebores. Sadly, I was too greedly and trimmed them to 2 single stems. This is one of the earliest flowering pink singles.

SAM_0325.JPG

SAM_0322.JPG
SAM_0324.JPG
SAM_0326.JPG
SAM_0323.JPG

My only Wendy's Gold. Cost me an arm and a leg! Thank heavens that it has come back this year. I was so worried that the squirrels might feast on it that I put a grill over them. Sorry it's so blurred!
SAM_0330.JPG

Hopefully, I can take a better pic tomorrow! Would love to see some of yours..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp you beat me to it.;) lovely helebores,i love the pure white ones.
Got back from Keith's at 3.15 pm. He wasn't very well. Had a relapse, got stressed out about his morning carers didn't do something yesterday and this morning.He will recover in a few days and he's changing them again. Good thing that he has a carer during the day who can pop in, she lives near him so not a problem.

I'm sure that i posted this hours ago.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning to all: Logan: I will take some more photos today as sunshine is supposed to be out. I might even weed a bit more. Before my patches were like jungle and now it's like desert as all the leaves had been removed. I think I bought the white one from a farm from Wales. I hope it is warm enough for me to cross pollinate. Shame my double pink is totally missing!:cry::eek:

I am going to see if my seedlings are OK. Seeds bought from Ashwood nurseries.
SAM_0327.JPG

Hope Keith gets a better carer this time!

Ask a Question