2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to take a pic of my squirrel, Sammy.
IMG_20171113_110727.jpg

Sammy the squirrel.(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning - Logan, what a lovely picture! I have to say my love for squirrels has been decimated by the fact that they displaced my begonia, leaving its root in the air and buried their peanut in my hanging basket. Yesterday, I saw a half eaten tulip bulbs. The little critters are ruining my plants.

Got up very late! Watched The boy with the topknot last night.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Going to clean my expensive propagator and put back some of the afflicted streptocarpus.. Try to take pic of the blooming Madame Julie Correvon AGAIN and finished all the other hellebores..

Yes, squirrels burying peanuts everywhere. They really know where I dug the day before and would bury their cache and dig up my newly planted plants ..Grrrrrr...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, how is everyone........and Barley!!

Had a better night thankfully......as I decided to take some meds a couple of hrs before going to bed, allowing time for them to kick in.

My shoulder is also going to get sorted on Thursday........ finally.!!!
Think that the bursitis is also back in my hip too, had it treated 4 years ago. Will wait until it is cleared from my shoulder before starting all the rigmarole of getting the hip one sorted!!

Fingers crossed.... yet again!!... that my tulips will get nearer to being planted today:D:D:ROFLMAO:

Grey and damp here, which doesn't really encourage me into venturing out for a spot of gardening!!
Ashamed to admit that I am a fair weather gardener:oops:, especially since ' the old bones' have begun playing up!

Hoping your Tuesday is free from Turmoil :)(y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad that you are feeling better @Upsy Daisy and good luck for Thursday. Barley is back to his normal self thanks.clearing all the Cosmos and plant some tulips. But not today, maybe tomorrow. You have a good day aswell.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, how is everyone........and Barley!!

Had a better night thankfully......as I decided to take some meds a couple of hrs before going to bed, allowing time for them to kick in.

My shoulder is also going to get sorted on Thursday........ finally.!!!
Think that the bursitis is also back in my hip too, had it treated 4 years ago. Will wait until it is cleared from my shoulder before starting all the rigmarole of getting the hip one sorted!!

Fingers crossed.... yet again!!... that my tulips will get nearer to being planted today:D:D:ROFLMAO:

Grey and damp here, which doesn't really encourage me into venturing out for a spot of gardening!!
Ashamed to admit that I am a fair weather gardener:oops:, especially since ' the old bones' have begun playing up!

Hoping your Tuesday is free from Turmoil :)(y)

When I read this, my eyes are welling up.. Such a lot of pain for you.... I just don't know how you cope! And yet you keep us cheerful!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have been out most day. But very slow - weeding and weeding and more weeding.

You know the horrible corner with the upturned compost bin which I turned into veg beds. Well, I have lovely parsley and some bolted Wong Pak. Shame they are like Chinese leaf..but they all bolted.

SAM_0018.JPG

They look gorgeous, but I know my son will turn his nose up..

Some cabbages .. Tell me if they look very tough
SAM_0017.JPG

Love this, don't know its name
SAM_0014.JPG
SAM_0015.JPG

One of the few plants left by the previous owner

My clematis Madame Julie Correvon has its 2nd flush and it's a fabulous show. Can't believe it. A very good investment.

SAM_0012.JPG
SAM_0013.JPG

Glorious and unblemished

SAM_0011.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Aah... @alp thanks , but don't worry over my pains.....you have your own share to worry about :((y)

Your garden is still lovely and very colourful !!!

I feel very guilty as I should have got outside today, just couldn't muster up the energy.

Had a lovely surprise today, a couple of school friends phoned to arrange a Xmas get together....many years since we last met up......cant't wait:D:D

Ask a Question