2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, yes! Thank you!

I must go there.. Very beautiful .. Day and night - just think about the technology and design involved. Son actually liked driving up to Yorkshire as the roads are straight and petrol station prices reasonable .. I will do some research and plan it for next summer, probably in a wheelchair! LOL!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If in doubt, give Deacons a ring alp. They are both helpful and knowledgeable.
I bought loads of apples,,pears, plums, cherries from them plus the odd peach, fig and others when I planted out an orchard. The rootstocks are very important, of course, but balance them with the type of soil you have too. M27 needs more attention and better soil as well as attention to pruning I think. Before you swap anything, talk to Deacons alp and get their advice.
I grew most of the apples on M9 and they are mostly no more than 7' tall after more than 15 years. I summer prune to create prolific fruiting on low easy to pick trees.:)

Hope Barley is ok logan:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
If in doubt, give Deacons a ring alp. They are both helpful and knowledgeable.
I bought loads of apples,,pears, plums, cherries from them plus the odd peach, fig and others when I planted out an orchard. The rootstocks are very important, of course, but balance them with the type of soil you have too. M27 needs more attention and better soil as well as attention to pruning I think. Before you swap anything, talk to Deacons alp and get their advice.
I grew most of the apples on M9 and they are mostly no more than 7' tall after more than 15 years. I summer prune to create prolific fruiting on low easy to pick trees.:)

Hope Barley is ok logan:)
@Verdun thanks, have to collect him after 4pm
See the vet first.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hope Barley is back on his sustenance! Give him a pat on my behalf, please, @Logan. I hate going to the Dentist ..

I went out to plant some more hellebores in the border and sow more seeds. Might be a bit too late, but it doesn't matter. Better late than never. I distinctly wanted to share my clematis Madame Julie Correvon with you as it is enjoying a 2nd flush with about 30 flowers. For some reason, it didn't show up. I must be suffering from dementia.

My Amistad is still going strong and so is this fuchsia
SAM_0007.JPG

And this alstroemeria must know something that I don't .. still budding

SAM_0002.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp, @Upsy Daisy,@Verdun collected Barley at 4pm. It went alright, he had a injection of antibiotics and a pain killer. Got some antibiotic tablets and a small bottle of pain killer, to start tomorrow. Made a appointment for week on Wednesday. The nurse said he'll be a bit sleepy, but he was pulling to get out of the vets and come back home to have some food. Nurse said don't give him too much. If he starts vommiting or got the runs, let them know. Because he's been out all day,berry won't leave him alone. He keeps licking Barley's ear. Barley's settled down now.
Thanks.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I hope Barley is back on his sustenance! Give him a pat on my behalf, please, @Logan. I hate going to the Dentist ..

I went out to plant some more hellebores in the border and sow more seeds. Might be a bit too late, but it doesn't matter. Better late than never. I distinctly wanted to share my clematis Madame Julie Correvon with you as it is enjoying a 2nd flush with about 30 flowers. For some reason, it didn't show up. I must be suffering from dementia.

My Amistad is still going strong and so is this fuchsia
View attachment 29508

And this alstroemeria must know something that I don't .. still budding

View attachment 29507
@alp lovely flowers,i had a alsroemeria flowering and some fuschias.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I had another one, but the frost got it. It's a very beautiful one called Incha?? And I might have killed all my Burgundy and Inca Smile.. Folks, don't learn from me.. I'm a walking disaaaaster!

Ask a Question