1/12 Miniature Garden Ruins

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
How would you ever ship them? There are a few folks in Texas, but the rest of us are all over the wide world. Have you ever thought of how you would price them? Actually, if you opened your garden to some select groups (like maybe garden clubs), they would probably sell out faster than you can make them (depending on how they are priced)...i mean it wouldn't be like buying a washing machine, because they are works of art. And, we haven't even seen them in person. I'll bet a garden club would go nuts over something like this. Do you have a signature of sorts on each of them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
How would you ever ship them? There are a few folks in Texas, but the rest of us are all over the wide world. Have you ever thought of how you would price them? Actually, if you opened your garden to some select groups (like maybe garden clubs), they would probably sell out faster than you can make them (depending on how they are priced)...i mean it wouldn't be like buying a washing machine, because they are works of art. And, we haven't even seen them in person. I'll bet a garden club would go nuts over something like this. Do you have a signature of sorts on each of them?
I was shipping on ebay for years thats no prob..I was more talking about you..If you want one we can work out the price..Whatcha think 20 bucks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:eek:Mercy...$20 is ridiculous! That can't even cover your costs...i was thinking in the 3-4 figures. Between $100 - $500 would be a steal but i think you should go for $1,500 at least. How big is the footprint? I know it is 1/12th but i'm having a hard time visualizing just how large and heavy it is. Maybe you can sell one to somebody else for $20, but i could not do that...you're going to have to bump it up some for me:) although $20 is a very sweet and generous offer.

I was wondering, are there many people who make miniatures like you are doing? Is this something widely popular to do now? To me it is quite unique and that adds to the value, but if everyone's uncle, cousin, next door neighbor, etc. are making them, then that takes away a bit from the value, but not enough to get down to $20:rolleyes:. Could you do $100usd + shipping for The Ruins?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The one I built here is about two foot by two foot 2x2x18 tall..With out dirt it weighs about 3 pounds.It's made of propink rigid Extruded Polystyrene should last forever...It does not break down like concrete and does not deteriorate like wood....All hand carved no molds.. I like 1/12 scale because its easy to buy figures...its dollhouse scale...The walls have deep cavities so you can grow small plants on top..Just like you would see on a real wall...Here is pictures of the cavities..Also the cavities have holes for drainage...You asked if anybody else is making these but I dont think so..Not like mine..The walls its self is another garden...We can work together to come up with a custom design..You can decide what scale,and how big you want it...
IMG_7887.JPG
IMG_7888.JPG
IMG_7889.JPG
IMG_7940.JPG
IMG_7887.JPG
IMG_7888.JPG
IMG_7889.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love seeing the detail behind how you build your miniatures! I was wondering how you had build those walls when I saw them - and I was curious how you planted the succulents. Nice job (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I love seeing the detail behind how you build your miniatures! I was wondering how you had build those walls when I saw them - and I was curious how you planted the succulents. Nice job (y)
Thank you...The walls are a planter box in them selves...

Ask a Question