Your day apart from gardening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a set of Sebatier, when they were nicked I got another set, but the company had been sold, they were not the same, got myself a Gustav Emile Ern, expensive, but worth it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
It should have been a golf day today, but I didn't fancy playing in the rain. Wednesday was a competition day, We book tee-times in threes. The tee-sheet for the day is always filled between 8.00 am and 2.00pm by the day of the competition.
So it isn't fair on those who can't play between those times, not to play, if you've booked, regardless of the weather, if the course is open.
But Mondays and Fridays, we have a "roll up" so whoever turns up gets split into teams, for a friendly competition.
I had an e-mail this morning to tell me the course was open, but buggies were banned.
On Wednesday, buggies were allowed but had to stay in the rough as they would damage the fairways due to the wet ground.
So it must be pretty bad today.
Most of us have electric trolleys like mine. These have a 30v lithium battery. Some come with GPS, which will tell you how far you are from the next pin. But mine hasn't, it's more useful for other courses you play, I rarely do, so I don't find it necessary.

FX3_3-4.png

Today I dug out my "winter wheels."
2020-PowaKaddy-Winter-Wheels.jpg

They are excellent in this weather as they don't slip when going up the many inclines. The regular wheels have no tread to speak of. The problem is that they are hard to clean after playing before the trolley goes into the boot of my car.
The club does have an air line, so you can clean your trolley wheels and shoes after playing. But it isn't always working as the green staff sometimes forget to drain the water out of the compressor's cylinder. Then you have to take them home muddy and need a bucket of water to steep them in to get all the mud off.

My golf stuff from Wednesday has just about dried out.

I have three pairs of regular golf shoes, so they all get a minimum of a week to dry out.
I put a rack for them, in what was "the coal cupboard" in the side of the house. It intrudes into the cupboard under the stairs and the tumble dryer sits on the concrete slab above it, so the heat from it help the shoes to dry out.

I've just received the winter golf boots I ordered. There will be days when I will need them.
They are excellent and came with a free pair of golf socks!

s-l1600.jpg

We have a standing joke when we're playing when it's cold and wet. "Those people working in dry, central heated offices, don't know when they are well off!"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I had a stroke of good luck yesterday.
We live in a small semi. Seating in our two "reception rooms" as they are called, is in the lounge, a 2 seater sofa and two "Stressless" recliner chairs.
In the front room (or my "den") two recliners, one of which is Stressless
One of the Stressless chairs in each room has a side table attached to it.
The problem for us, as I guess for many is when you have visitors, is where to put the coffee cups and saucers. With the sofa it's OK as there's a small coffee table each side, but there's nowhere to put a cup near the second chair. We've pale beige carpets and after a near accident the other day I decided we needed a side table on the second chair in that room.

The price of these chairs is ridiculous now as is that of the tables.

Here's a stock photo. Would you believe these tables are now £89?

526901304_515x515_front.jpg

I had a look on eBay. The cheapest second hand one I could find was £50.

So I looked through the "completed listings" and found a new one that hadn't sold which had been priced at £40, finished a couple of weeks ago and hadn't been re-listed.
I contacted the vendor and asked what they would accept for it and I've got it for £35. It'll arrive later this week and it's exactly the right colour!

s-l1600.jpg

Ask a Question