Yes We Took A Trip

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems you get old and have Cancer Stuff kids figure you need to travel. But let's use your car since you can no longer drive.

We went to the Appalachian Mountains. Went to the Ark, road a Train, went through the Museum for my Great Uncle.

Went to St. Genevieve, oldest settlement in Missouri. St. LOUIS. MISSOURI State Prison, oldest West of the Mississippi River. Dillard's Mill. Tom Saulk Mountain, highest point in Missouri.

Went to Hot Springs had a place right on Lake Hamilton but it rained all the time we was there.

Went on down to Louisiana first stayed in a Shotgun House there. Then went on down to Cocodrie, rented a House Boat. Our Son got upset because the Toilet quit and went we was going to town while the Toilet got fixed the Gang Plank broke, nobody got hurt.

I had a blast though.

Then for some reason we went to Oklahoma.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried to post pictures but with the weather everything is messed up.

TV, we had Baseball size Hail. Wind blew Trees down. Lightning hit Transformers. Had a wreak by us seems someone was pulling out of KOA and a car took the ditch and sign to miss them.

Woman came to our house with no idea who we work for said a Tree blew down on her house. Wife said she would call our Boss and he will get some people out there. I don't want him knowing nothing and left.

My wife has to go back tonight for a meeting. We have a Conference to go to I told her I'm going to buy some Blue Jeans so people wouldn't be looking at me so much.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pictures I hope

20230327_093150.jpg
20230326_192428.jpg
20230326_145638.jpg
20230326_145426.jpg
20230326_152442.jpg
20230326_172444.jpg

Picture of a Cemetery.

Looking down the Hallway in the House Boat.

Live Oaks and such at a Plantation we went to.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Sounds like a neat trip. We were in Springfield, Missouri not that long ago.

Many years ago, rented a house boat and boated up and down the St. John's river, really neat, we tucked away at night in the quiet coves, anchored down, and tied to a tree. it was neat.
Recall the App. Mountains, did that in my late 20's with first husband.

Seems you get old and have Cancer Stuff kids figure you need to travel
Sorry to hear that.

So far, knock wood, we both are healthy, just arthritis for me. Husband had a silent heart attach many years ago. After long trips, the first step out of the car is a killer untill my knee gets warmed up. But with age, what are you going to do, keep moving.

Reaction score
Country
United States
"Then for some reason we went to Oklahoma."

I snorted!

Hope it was good memories!
Well we just spent the night in Oklahoma and we stayed in a neat area but didn't have time to do anything.

Me and my wife was thinking about going to the Gulf by ourselves.

Got a Conference this month then Family Reunion next then my wife gets vacation and we are going to stay at our Cabin by a lake.

They been doing work and she says now we have Heat and A/C, Phone Service, Internet and running Water.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well we just spent the night in Oklahoma and we stayed in a neat area but didn't have time to do anything.

Me and my wife was thinking about going to the Gulf by ourselves.

Got a Conference this month then Family Reunion next then my wife gets vacation and we are going to stay at our Cabin by a lake.

They been doing work and she says now we have Heat and A/C, Phone Service, Internet and running Water.

big rockpile
I believe they call that "Glamping" instead of "Camping".

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sold our Tent we actually Camped for a year.

Got bunch of Camping Stuff but my wife says it just don't work.

We did bunch of Camping. Last year I put in for a hunt and got drawn.

No one said I couldn't go made plans and all. I finally told them I don't think I can climb anymore. Son said he didn't even know why I put in for it.

big rockpile

Last edited:

Ask a Question