Tiger eyes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have a couple of tiger eyes, and a week or so after the the last lot of leaves fell, the branches have also fallen off. They were only young shrubs and the branches very thin and weak. But is this normal for them to fall off?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

If you are referring to the Tiger Eye™ Staghorn Sumac (Rhus typhina 'Bailtiger'), those 'stems' are actually the central rachises of the compound leaves. It is perfectly normal for them to fall separately from the leaflets.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

If you are referring to the Tiger Eye™ Staghorn Sumac (Rhus typhina 'Bailtiger'), those 'stems' are actually the central rachises of the compound leaves. It is perfectly normal for them to fall separately from the leaflets.
Thanks Marck

So glad, thought I had done something wrong. Thanks for the reinassurance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely things, but they send up off shoots all over the place. The best way I have seen one is as a stand alone in a lawn where all the offshoots got cut down every time the grass was mown.

Ask a Question