Acalypha - Tiger tail

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Here these flowers are considered common and not many gardens will have them. I respect every kind of flower and I have these in patches here and there.

DSC04748.JPG
camera 242.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is so unique! I don't even see this in our local conservatory. They look amazing and fuzzy!

Reaction score
They look so beautiful and exotic!!!! I'd love to have that kind of flowers in my garden, but the place I am going... doubt these can grow! I think I have seen them in some places in my country tho, specially far south.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They look very exotic. I've never seen flowers like this. Are they fragrant? How long do they get? Do they come in other colors?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chenille Plant or Tiger-tail (Acalypha hispida), in the Spurge family (Euphorbiaceae). This dioecious shrub is grown for its showy red or pink catkins. The species is native to parts of New Guinea and Malesia, though some sources say only the Bismarck Archipelago.

Ask a Question