Wood Chip Mulch

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?DEALJ June 2015 Wood Chip Mulch
Nine cubic yard of wood chip mulch was delivered to my driveway. Cost was $10.00 per yard plus %30.00 delivery charge. This will be sufficient to layer most of my growing area garden about three inches deep. The main purpose is to retain moisture. About seven wheelbarrows is a cubic yard.
URL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Looks like a lots of work but well worth it for your garden. Over the past few weeks I have taken advantage of free mulch available about 5 minutes drive away. I have 5 big plastic flexi tubs and some heavy duty plastic bags, gloves and a shovel in the boot of my car and I try to fill up when I pass by. I strap the bags in sitting up in the back seat together. Looks quite funny really and my car is a bit dirty I must admit. I think I need a ute. So far I have remulched my parterre which is my avatar and another garden bed. I have had nice big deliveries like yours before from a local young man who works for a treefelling company.Very economic [not as economic as free I guess] but at present my car driveway is a car park as adult kids have moved back for a while, a while ago and for more while to come so there is no room for a lovely big load of mulch. Happy Mulching Durgan(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yeah, that's a LOT! Happy mulching!

Last year I had one dead tree plus a whole bunch of straggly and wayward branches cut down and the tree service turned it all into a big pile of mulch for me. :) I still have some left. Plus I'm going to have them come back and do some more tree trimming shortly, so I'll have a bunch more.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?DEALJ June 2015 Wood Chip Mulch
Nine cubic yard of wood chip mulch was delivered to my driveway. Cost was $10.00 per yard plus %30.00 delivery charge. This will be sufficient to layer most of my growing area garden about three inches deep. The main purpose is to retain moisture. About seven wheelbarrows is a cubic yard.
URL
That is a lot of mulch you have there my friend! Is that a god price? I have no idea personally as I have never purchased that kind of thing before.

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
There are a lot of tree trimming companies around here that will give free mulch. I haven't tried it before because I am afraid of what I will get. I am mostly afraid of getting palm seeds that will grow like crazy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?HXALZ 4 June 2015 Garden Mulched.
Finished laying the 9 yards of mulch. All beds and tree areas are covered.If more mulch is required a load an be transported in my van a half a yard per trip.

Ask a Question