Wish list and/or bin list?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what would be on my wish list this year, but I really regret planting some "Winter Fire" dogwood in our front garden... ironically it likes it there far too much and has grown huge. I need to prune it far too often to keep it under control. Once it cools down a little, I'll have a look at moving it somewhere to the back garden where it has more space.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lotus is definitely on my wish list and I will put them in a big flexitub as a pond.. or a bath tub in my next house.

My bin list is this one

I had 3 in my garden. Today, 2 have been consigned to the bin. The last one is a bit tricky to get to.
SAM_0151.JPG

Not the vine, but the one with nodding flowers..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hmm I wonder what it is?
I went to get some paint and sanding stuff today and they had vinca for sale so I bought 2, a red and white. :) Check that off my wish list.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gee, @tbendl You don't waste time! Hehe!

Having said that, I bought some yellow echinacea seeds yesterday.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Now on my wish list

dahlia with this kind of petals

image-jpeg.86543

and Imperialis Lutea and Imperalis red

upload_2017-7-14_19-36-44.jpeg

and single black helleborus
upload_2017-7-14_19-37-42.jpeg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so pleased that I have got some Echinacea Wild Swan replacement. I was upset that I killed my White swan by mistake by planting something on it. Finally, I paid 50p for a plant and have now some replacements. Finger crossed that they live. Also, I have always wanted to have some astrantias. Now I have some for 50p each again. I have also added to my list of agapanthus Alba and Donau. Very pleased.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
As pretty as Forget-Me-Nots are I really regret puchasing them and planting them in ONE section of my garden. They now pop up everywhere and are pains when they finish flowering. They stick to your clothes which means you walk them all over the garden and keep reseeding:(:eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Forget-me-nots are not that bad as, at least, you can weed them easily. I got some acanthus mollis and oh, boy, they have been very difficult to get rid of as their roots always break when you try to remove it and now, I have more and more.

Another horror is muscari which clogged up my raised bed and I have to stamp on the bulbs and pulverise them ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I have tons of acanthus bordering my property alp and i can see how they could be a problem if you didn't want them, I've only seen the baby hyacinths in a pot and 6i have a vew in one pot. They seem very sweet and innocent. I'll watch them if they try to escape:confused:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @DeborahJane Acanthus is a very handwome plant and that's why their leaves have been used to adorn Roman buildings and was usually painted in gold. Very handsome indeed. I think they won't be a problem in a cold place, but here in my clay soil, their roots reach very deep in the clay soil and when I try to remove the roots, they just snap and can never be eradicated.

Muscaris are very popular with bees. Again in my very hot garden, they refuse to die and will clog up the whole narrow bed. I had to lift them all up, stamp on them, pulverise them until there was absolutely no chance they will appear again (fat chance!) and I felt distinctly evil whilst stamping on its innocent milky bulbs..:eek:

Ask a Question