Wishbone flower

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hello, new user here i have posted a picture of my wishbone flower
question is is it ok that it is wilting like that? (i water it daily and mist it with a spray bottle put in direct sunlight of 7am-12nn then transfer it to a shaded area)
do i have to deadhead it as some gardening sites say it to be? so it can grow more well?
also i would like to know where in the part how you propagate this wishbone flower ( i don't know if whether to cut it from the stem and where to cut it or just pull out it out and replant it so it can grow more)

Attachments

• IMG_7190.JPG
    IMG_7190.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_7191.JPG
    IMG_7191.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_7192.JPG
    IMG_7192.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 245
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wishbone Flowers (Torenia x hybrida, T. fournieri and others) are popular bedding plants in the False Pimpernel Family (Linderniaceae). While possibly a perennial in tropical climates, they are usually treated as annuals in temperate gardens. There are species of Torenia that occur natively throughout the tropical regions of the world.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
When you water it SOAK it and wait for the top 1" to dry before you water it again unless it wilts before that. The misting is not helpful. It should do fine in the light you give it. It will bloom longer if you remove the dead flowers, but it's not critical. It can be started from stem cuttings in peat moss and perlite or vermiculite and perlite.

Ask a Question