Winter's come early

Reaction score
I'm sitting here in Florida sweating and I actually kind of envy your winter weather right now, It's overcast and I hear thunder, but it stubbornly refuses to rain. The weather is being a tease right now, At least a thunderstorm would cool things down.

Reaction score
I live in Alabama and the weather here has been going from hot to cold back to hot. Now it is cool at night and warm during the day. I just wish the weather would make up its mind and decide if it wants to be hot or cold. I would prefer warm myself.

Reaction score
Sunmer over here has been too long, the temperatures are scorching... actually winter isn't even here yet! :( No idea when it'll come, might be in november! I love winter :) It must be because I live in a desertic zone :p I think most people living in a place like mine actually envy those who can enjoy a proper winter!

Reaction score
Thr weather is looking goid for now. The days are not as hot and the nights are pleasant. I don't want it to get cold because I don't like cold weather but winter has to come sometime

Reaction score
Well we are back to hot weather. I wonder how our winter is going to turn out. My sister thinks it's going to be a long winter this year. I don't think it will be because of the way the weather has been.

Reaction score
Where I live it has actually been very warm. It is about 80 degrees outside everyday still so we haven't had to pull out our winter clothes just yet. I am ready for winter though I feel like it's just been so hot this summer I am ready for the snow.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely day here, got out and caught some fish

DSCF0026.JPG

Reaction score
What kind of fish is that? There's not much meat on it. I would need more of those to make a meal.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of fish is that? There's not much meat on it. I would need more of those to make a meal.

It's a Garfish, I put that one back but kept a bigger one for lunch.

Reaction score
Wow why didn't you show the big one. I like fish and wouldn't have minded having some since I have never had that before. I like to try new things.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't have made a nice picture, it was foul hooked and I had to kill it pretty quick.

Reaction score
Yeah I see what you mean. That would not have been a nice picture. I'm glad it did not suffer though.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This post was started last year, winter did come early and stayed for ever. The summer here has been dissappointing, we never really go hot.

Spring was late, very late, I did not plant this year because it was still getting cold at night requiring the plants to be either brought inside for protection of covered up and this was happening past May.

The trees have started to drop their leaves already and it is cool at night. We maybe in for another cold winter. I pray not but I am getting ready for a cold winter.

Reaction score
I am DELIGHTED that it never got hot!

Alas, I heard a comment that we might get a very early frost, which would shut down my gardening pretty darned early! Since we got a late freeze this year an early Fall in addition would cut two months off of our usual growing season.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a fantastic summer but today a met office weather warning is out.

I did get a short 10mile cycle ride this morning before the heavy rain.

Nights are starting to get shorter now greeting dark early now.

But hope it's a while before winter arrives.

Ask a Question