Winter & Spring flowering Viburnum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I trim straight after flowering but now in July there are lots of upright new growth. Do I trim again or leave alone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are a lo of them, found this on the RHS site

Many viburnums require little or no pruning, although most can be pruned if they outgrow their space. A few are best pruned annually to keep them well shaped and flowering strongly.

Don't know if that helps, has it still got a label on it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are a lo of them, found this on the RHS site

Many viburnums require little or no pruning, although most can be pruned if they outgrow their space. A few are best pruned annually to keep them well shaped and flowering strongly.

Don't know if that helps, has it still got a label on it?
Thanks Oliver. I reviewed the RHS website before posting. They had a light trim after flowering but now there is lots of new growth, do I leave this alone, are these the flowering stems for late winter/spring flowering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'there are a lo of them' - sorry, 'a lot of them' - and they art very different and varied - so the basic answer is I don't know, and you would need to know which it is to tell. I'd say 'Leave it and watch it to find out', as is usual with plants, patience informs.

Ask a Question